Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 12 August 2017

Butterflies in flight...

Happy Saturday,

Another card sample made using the card die set from Press cut and the large media plate ( along with some of my stamps ion course!  For todays card I again used pieces I had made on this weeks shows and neatened pop this demo card that I did on the 3pm show!

I stared by using one of the backgrounds I made using the green shades of ink as well as a peacock father and the large media plate.  I then added a panel using ink through the Squares quarto mask again directly onto the media plate. Finally I stamped three of the butterflies from the butterfly frames set over the panel.  I cut this out and matted it onto the front of the card blank.


For the interior I cut a random background using the 2 dies included in the set that match the centre panels.  I then stamped them using the butterflies and dragon flies from the butterfly frames clear stamp set.  Too get the two tone look I inked the stamps with one colour then masked off part of the card in the stamp press and stamped this.  I then inked the stamps again in another colour and masking the already stamped side I stamped the other half.  By using the press to impress stamp press neither the card or the stamps move meaning I can make this work.

I added the two panels in the respective places on the centre of the card having made up the card with the die set.  I added borders down each side using the scraps form the front piece and finished.  I love the way this die lets you turn your backgrounds and stamping projects into a finished kinetic, yet flat for postage, card.


Enjoy...

34 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you,a beautiful card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card. Thanks John. I love the colours too.
    Have a great day.
    Crafty hugs,
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    A beautiful card again.My die arrived yesterday so I'm going to have fun this weekend.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours you've used recently have been beautiful. So looking forward to learning the techniques from you at the September workshop.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card John, the colours are gorgeous.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card again John.Will have to get this die. Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card John love the colour thank you
    Love June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, the Die looks like it's going on my wish list.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, fantastic creation, love the stamps too, wish mine would hurry up and arrive. I also am waiting on the die card as well, itching to have a play.

    Enjoy your weekend

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    A beautiful card, great colours, fabulous backgrounds.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, John. I love the stamps too.
    No crafting for me this weekend as we are at a large car rally.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning john,
    A very pretty card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, love this card, the colours are so beautiful. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card I think I need that Presscut die

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a clever idea John. Just love this die.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Saw you demo the card and was MOST impressed with your background creation and colouring of the die cuts.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John. Love the colours of this card and the stamps too, of course.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need this die John, Love this card, the colours and the butterflies, just perfect, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful John. I love the butterflies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautifully inked up background John, lots of detail to see, I'm not really sure of the die shape, clever but not my thing, but a fab card nevertheless, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello John,
    Stunning mix of colours and textures, number 1 card is my favourite.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John

    Love the calming colour combo on today's card and the sentiment and few 'flutterbies' just give it a perfect finish

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delightful cards. Thank you for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,Absolutely beautiful card again,love everything about it.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John this is a stunning card I love the colours and the butterflies are so pretty. Are you going to share the cheesecake recipe with us? It did look delicious. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card John just love it. Must try this. I did try the kitchen roll technique we did last Sunday yesterday and am very pleased with the result. I was in The Range today (as a friend wanted to go) and a packet of 4 peacock feathers fell to my basket. Well I had to buy them didn't I. They were in the craft section. Probably about 7" long. They were £1.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John gorgeous card with divine colors all so effective

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card John reaflly stunning love the colour's &stamps
    Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card John. Love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH WOW John this is totally amazing, i love the background and the stunning colours.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the card and colours. You also explain your technique so well. Tfs x

    ReplyDelete