Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 15 October 2016

More Modern Christmas...

Happy Saturday,

Firstly I just wanted to let all my blog family know that I have updated the side bar to include all the Hochanda shows I have coming up in the next couple of months.  I have also listed demos and workshops for the next few weeks just look to the right to see the details.

back to today and another sample made for the shows on Monday and Tuesday.  This time it is a modern twist on the traditional christmas rose stamp and die set and its really easy to achieve honest!

I stared with the bvakcgorund which is just another of my kitchen roll technique with Pixie powders.  I have agreed to dos a few video shoots on techniques next month at CE Towers and so far this technique is first on the list, I would love to hear what else you would like to see a video on there will be more details on the blog next week.

The background is made with kitchen roll ( I originally typed troll in there but luckily spotted it rare for me I know!) which i used to wipe up pixie powder water coloured with midnight blue and a lot of aqua lagoon.  once dry I added this to a piece of card using cosmic shimmer glossy glue, seal and glaze.  I added random gilding flakes ( the rubble leftover if you have seen me using these) and added a last coat of the glue, seal and glaze.  Once dry, about 20 minutes, I cut the card down to an 7 x 7" piece and matted this onto silver, cobalt and spearmint foundation card.



Next for the flowers I stamped my Christmas rose elements clear stamp set, to avoid confusion there are 2 sets of stamps that match the christmas rose die I use the clear set no my projects shown not the rubber set as this is a different design.  I stamped these in jet black archival ink onto another piece of the kitchen roll paper this time one with more of the midnight blue pixie powder.

I shaped the flowers using a ball tool and stamping mat and simply added these at the bottom over a strip of silver ribbon i had stretched down the side of the background.  I then cut the matching holly spray and rose leaves from the christmas rose die set and scary glued these before adding diamond sprinkles.  I arranged these around and between the roses along with a messy bow tied in silver ribbon.

Finally I cut the triple Merry Christmas perspectives die and used the fall away pieces around the border so that the card reads Merry Christmas along every aspect!


A simple modern card hopefully with a traditional twist!


Enjoy...

39 comments:

  1. Good morning John today's card is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card today John. Thanks.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Love today's card. Thanks
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    Lovely card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb card John, gorgeous colours and design, lovely blooms, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Lovely card today John, really will have to get some pixie powders.
    Looking forward to your Hochanda shows.
    Love and crafty hugs to all
    Tina T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, a gorgeous card and love your kitchen roll backgrounds especially these colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John. It's great to hear that you'll be making some videos of various techniques as it's much easier than scrolling back through blogs. Thanks.
    Going to Julia's workshop today - fun all the way.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a stunning Christmas card. I love the design and the colour is beautiful. Thank you for adding all the show and workshop dates. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the background. Looking forward to watching your shows.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    A beautiful card. I love the background, colours, and how the words are used like a border round the card.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card, John. Pleased to see that you will be at the NEC on 3 November - see you there.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, lovely card. I love the Pixie Powder technique using Kitchen towel, and have used it quite a few times.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John,
    Love the design.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, lovely card. I can't seem to get the kitchen roll method right, always ends up looking muddy . Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning John a beautiful card this morning and that colour is just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card John, roll on Monday/Tuesday for your shows.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John. Love it!! Hoping to book Breedon if there are any spaces left. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, love the flowers and look forward to seeing your techniques videos and the hochanda shows.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this card John. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    beautiful card, love the colours and simple design.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card John love the colours and the flowers thank you love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning John

    I so love how you've created this card, especially the decorative display of flowers and leaves on the ribbon!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card John, love the colour you have chosen.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    Another stunning card today, I must remember to record your shows.
    ended up babysitting yesterday so didn't get round to doing any crafting.
    We are off to Rainbows in Earlswood for our usual regular workshop. Lunch with the girls first.
    enjoy your day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, I love everything about this card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John. I love the way you have used the perspective dies - I hadn't thought of that. Love the colours of the pixie powders that you have used.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another card that speaks to my heart I must try the pixie powders - though there are too many dies I want at the moment and unfortunately I cannot afford everthing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OOOpppps I forgot to thank you for reading my email and taking the time to update your future plans.
    hugs
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty card. Like the bold colours.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh please do the kitchen roll technique! Can u or Julia do the one with texture paste through a mask and then is it sprinkle on PP? And is it white or clear or what texture paste Love the card and in my favourite colours And I have the clear stamps Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eh up John
    That fab background reminds me of the gorgeous turquoise of the Caribbean Sea.
    Beautiful card. There's a couple of techniques I've mentioned I think I've forgotten recently so would love to see you You Tube those 😆.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello John,
    Lovely card and thanks for that and all the information about the upcoming Shows! I've never been able to watch Hochanda Shows live as we have Virgin Media! However my kind husband took me out today and we bought a new TV! It has Freeview so I will be able to watch on a bigger screen! It's been my iPad up until now! Excited - me - it doesn't take much!! Been away for a few days so haven't been commenting!
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  34. John that is one gorgeous card, i love the colour of the background and those fab flowers.
    I must get those pixie powders one day but everything else
    seems to need replacing like glue etc
    Maybe santa will be kind enough to bring me some.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this card John. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete