Friday, 15 July 2016

Leaping Request...

Happy Christmas Friday,

Well todays Christmas friday acrd is by request of Susan who emailed me to ask for a blog post and instructions on the leaping reindeer card I demoed on Hochanda on Monady.  Don't forget if you want to watch this card being made you can still view the show on Catch up on www.hochanda.com or click HERE.

Todays card is this leaping reindeer in the very modern colours of Midnight and Steel from the new Vintage Pearl collection of foundation card.

I started by cutting the Frosty Mini Background in midnight card and backed this with a piece of double sided adhesive sheet.  I then poured silver microbeads over the exposed adhesive to adhere to the metallic background between the snowflakes.

Next I stamped the leaping reindeer ( the large one again) and the sentiment from the Elegant stars and reindeer clear set in silver shine detail embossing powder onto acetate.  Like yesterdays card I coloured the reverse of the reindeer using the cosmic shimmer glue highlighter and then added silver chrome polished silk glitter.  This means that when dry ( which is really quick wth the highlighter as you add such a fine layer) the glitter shines through.  I find that it is really hard to tell that its glittered on the reverse, which is great if you are not the best at staying in the lines  and trust me I'm not!

I folded the acetate and wrapped it around the background.  I made a large 7.5" x 7.5" card using steel and midnight pearl card and stamped a spray of stars form the set in the corner for balance.

I wrapped a piece of double sided organza ribbon ( from Creative Expressions) around the layers and added a double bow of the same ribbon at the bottom left as shown.  I then simply added some of the metallic line and a crystal seat to hide the glue dots and knot.

Finally a couple of stick pins I made using the set I had on the shows and a few crystals for balance.

I really hope this was the card you meant Susan, please remember if any of you want me to answer any questions please email me and I will try to answer ( if you don't get an answer within 48 hours email again as it may have got lost!!!)

A quick mention for my American Blog Family who have asked you can get my range form the following online shop which has really good rates of postage to the U.S. HERE

Enjoy...

43 comments:

  1. Morning John, today's sample card is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decadent? Opulent? Gorgeous!
    Love it. Thanks John.
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Another unusual Christmas card. Very classy.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, so pleased you have put this on here, I saw you doing it on Hochanda but now we have a record we can go back to time and time again. Great idea with the reindeer but I am also liking the new metallic linx, I got mine the other day and it is great.

    Stay safe,healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John.
    A beautiful card Thank you.
    take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, a fantastic card watched you demo it on Hochanda.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi john
    what a stunning christmas card watched you demo this card love the colours thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, Loved watching you demo this card, the result is stunning. have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't seen this demo yet but watched your first programme when I got home last night. Love the new stamps and polished silk glitter.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a stunning Christmas card and a really clever design. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card, was great watching the demo you did on TV.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Tremendous Card Your Christmas Collection Is Fantastic
    Thanks For Sharing
    Hugs From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rose in Chester15 July 2016 at 08:40

    Hi John,
    Love the technique you've used of colouring/glittering from the back of the acetate. It looks fab. Had to really look for the sentiment though as very busy.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did see you demo this - a great card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, Beautiful !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really like the card and how you have coloured the reindeer. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    I love this card, thanks for the tutorial, I still haven't had time to watch all your shows yet.
    I'm hoping to get all your stamps & paper pack this weekend.
    Thanks for sharing
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks John and great request Susan, gorgeous card X X X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Beautiful, elegant card, love the colours they give a really chic look.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John
    Great card, loved the tv demo.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card and a great demo John.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks so effective and as you've stamped "him" onto acetate - no fussy cutting Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A real beauty John loved this when I saw it on hochanda thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    Loved watching you make this card on Hochanda, it is stunning!!! A real showpiece on the mantlepiece or window sill.
    Love the way glitter added to the reverse of the acetate.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card John, l love the colour wY, very unusual. Have a great weekend. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning John,
    A great card, love the demo.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card John, loved watching you do this one

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good Morning John Ive been catching up with your shows and I watched you create this today, its just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Enjoyed demo on TVs, elegant card. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a stunning card, love the whole finish.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loved this when you made it on Hochanda. Really stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John Gorgeous card love the new stamps and the show great.
    I think these new stamps are my favourite xmas stamps so far .
    well done .jeanie x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think your technique is brilliant on this Leaping Deer on this card. I got to watch you do this on hochanda. Thank you for the link for good shipping rates to the USA so I can get your stamps. I have signed up to get their emails and look forward to ordering those items from Creative Expressions that I can not find in the states. I was able to find your Christmas Rose stamp here in the US and ordered it yesterday. Wishing you a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thankyou john for sharing this card on your blog its beautiful x it must have been on whilst I was at work so will watch on catch up x I love it x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card. Like the colours. Very elegant.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello John,
    A really lovely card and I like the new blue metallic card very much indeed! The leaping reindeer is beautiful and it looks like a reindeer !!! Some reindeer dies on the market could be just about anything! Thank you for sharing this lovely card.
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi John a lovely card really glad you put it on here.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi John,
    Laptop went down but I 'm back now!
    Love this set of stamps . So much so I bought them from Julia.
    Love it!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi John. I love this card as it is just so pretty. I wonder if I would be able to recreate something like this.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  40. John this is absolutely gorgeous and loved it when I saw it
    on your show.
    I am so pleased to see this on your blog with a detailed description.
    Absolutely love this one

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card. Must try this when I have the deer stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Eh up John
    This looked amazing ont telly. Very clever idea with Rodders (that's what I've called your super reindeer lol!)
    Certainly a statement card and rightly so.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete