Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Christmas Less Bling...

Happy Wednesday,

Its back to Creative Wednesday and my creation for the Creative Expressions Design Team Blog,  Click HERE if you want to see what the rest of the team have made and, if you have time, leave a comment!

This month we are working with a selection of Sue Wilson's Festive dies from last year and this year!  I decided to show a card made with the new Stamps to die for and the beautiful Snowflake Deboss die which is fast becoming a favourite this year.

I stared by stamping the shooting stars background in perfect medium, on vintage gold card, and heat embossing it with cosmic Shimmer true detail white embossing powder.  Next I stamped and embossed the matching shooting stars medallion stamp.  I cut this out using the deboss snowflake die using the largest outline die for the surround and the centre die form the set cut out the merry Christmas sentiment.

I then cut and embossed the snowflake debases, with the centre die in place, to make 2  further frames.

To make up the card I made a series of mats and layers in vintage gold and white however i embossed the 2 smallest pieces of the gold using the Creative Expressions A4 embossing folder holly swirl.  I then matted the card together, suing foam tape for dimension, finishing with the stamped n]background panel at the front.
To make the buckle front I die cut the medium pierced flag from the die set (the medium die does not cut at the end allowing you to rotate the die and make a double flag.  I then cut 2 of the largest pierced flags and matted them behind to double white one.  Then I simply threaded this through the three shapes to make this triple buckle.  this is another Sue Wilson technique, I have included her video tutorial on the buckle technique which I think will make it easier to understand than my cack handed typing!
Finally (I hear you all cry) I foam mounted the sentiment I die cut from the stamped image earlier on the top and added a scary at the side using white Tulle, Natural thread and a Gold dazzler (all from Creative Expressions, it is CE Wednesday of course lol)

This would be a special Christmas card however there are several techniques you can take from here your batch cards I'm sure!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Snowflake deboss
Pierced Flags
Shooting starts background and medallion stamps to die for
CE A4 holly swirls embossing folder
Cosmic Shimmer true detail white embossing powder
Vintage gold and coconut white foundation card

Enjoy...

All products used are available in Julia Watts Online craft shop, click the ingredients list link above to see her current christmas range!
let me know if you would like to see Christmas tomorrow or back to something more summery!  Also as requested I have worked today (Tuesday when I am writing this post) on making a box for Mondays card which I am hoping to show on Saturday! (see I do listen lol)

36 comments:

  1. Beautiful card today, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, John. This really is too early to be up but the thunder woke me! This is a beautiful card and, as you say, several different techniques that can be used on simpler cards.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    I do not mind what sort of cards you do as everyone is a winner, If you want to play with snow flakes in the heat fine by me. Thank you a real beauty today as always, take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, loving this one, got tontry it

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Great card today, can't wait to get these dies and stamps.

    Enjoy your day hope you manage to get out and enjoy the sunshine while we have it,

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A real beauty again.I love it.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, another fabulous card I,m enjoying the Christmas cards so keep em coming.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    Beautiful card. Love it! And my vote is for another Christmas card! I love Sue's new dies and I'd love to see some more cards made with them. And thank you for the box blog on Saturday. You showed me how to make a box at the Glitter Pot and I made a fabulous box for a wedding card and I then forgot how to do it. LOL! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card John, love it! More Christmas cards please, need lots of ideas and thank you for listening about the box, last of all, I love your cack handed typing, lol. it's great. Have a great day everyone, take care in the sunshine.
    Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Christmas card. Perhaps you could alternate between christmas & everyday cards then everyone would be happy?!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    This Is A Truly Beautiful Christmas Card I Must Admit I Loved The Richness Of The Colours Used On Your First Christmas Card, I Love Today's The Beautiful Soft Gold Buckle Card As Linda And Others Mentioned, I Would Love To See More Christmas Cards As I'm Getting Them Started Now, Please!
    Take Care
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, a very lovely and opulent card, for someone really special at Christmas. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Another outstanding card!
    I wish that I had some of your talent and ability for design, your cards are always that bit different.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  14. An exciting card to day. Lots going on. I like the whole gold look of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Very opulent, a lot of work in this one.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty..... so unique..... thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not a traditional type card John, but I love it nonetheless.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning John, fab card!!! You could alternate like Michelle said!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    would have to be someone very special to get this card as there is a lot of work in it. But the result justifies it.
    For my part, I would love to see you alternate. Can't cope with Xmas cards now.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John
    Another stunner today. I just love the buckle cards. More Christmas for me please as I need all the inspiration I can get. But I don't mind if you want to alternate.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, sorry didn't get chance to stop by yesterday. So glad I did today, two very beautiful Christmas cards and even more ideas for using Sue's new die (& stamp) launch. Absolutely gorgeous.
    Blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card and colours, not into Christmas yet, but added to my Pinterest for inspiration at a later date!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John Gorgeous card thank you for the inspiration as I want to get started for xmas as for Soldiers Charity and they need them early .

    Jeanie .e

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, your card is great, love the buckle style an the new festive dies are wonderful Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    this is a beauty.Nice buckle card. Perhaps you could
    alternate, not really ready for all C card just yet.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another amazing Christmas idea....thank you...it is beautiful...luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John

    EXTRA special card I would say! Emboss snowflake die on my must have list, as is the stamp as its one for any time of year (and I did think it'd be great for those dreaded 'man cards'). I love the double mat of embossing, makes the card look so expensive. I don't mind what cards you post for us as to be honest, between the CE design team I learn/ remember a technique or three everyday regardless what type of card it is (plus if I see a bit more Christmas it might make me get my butt in gear and start my Christmas cards at a reasonable time so I don't end up rushing!)

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This may have less bling but still very rich and opulent Never tried the buckle technique and now (I don't use ribbon much) I have the pierced flags I will certainly give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, another fabulous card I don't mind what you show us each day they are all inspiring.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous card John gold and white combo a favourite of mine loving the stamp will have to check them out as I a a stampaholic!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John,
    Another stunning card today. Love it!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow John this is stunning I love the design. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow john ,a fantastic card,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  34. Eh up John
    Its looking brown on my screen but I'm imagining how fab this looks in gold.
    Cack handed typing? Surely not, though why you're suing foam tape, I don't know lol!
    You lost me at Tuesday about the box so I'll just wait for it to appear lol!
    Show us whatever you like matey (steady!!!)
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely stunning, I am so pleased I have bought this die and the stamp too.
    I am not really into to rubber stamps but I had to have this one and some of your stamps too. They are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete