Saturday, 6 June 2015

Something Different Saturday...

Happy Saturday,

As promised yesterday another use for extending your classic weaving die.  I had promised Sue that I would make a basket with this die as its the first thing I saw when I cut the die.  This is the result of quite a lot of experimenting!

I simply extended the pattern twice in coconut white to make a long strip.  Next I cut 2 sets of the classic weaving die, in lilac, and cut it into strips and simply wove the piece.  To finish the edge I used the  Cygnus gemini die cutting the outside edge then adding the detail to emboss.

I made the handle with a longer strip of the weaving and added some flowers I made in the lilac card using the cornflower die.  I coloured the edges of the flowers using dusty concord distress ink and added different sized dazzlers from the purple selection which has 3 sizes and a mix of colours and, like nature, allows different coloured centres for the flowers.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Classic Weaving die
Gemini Cygnus die
Cornflower die
lilac & coconut white foundation card
Mixed purples dazzlers
dusty concord distress ink pad


Just a quick note on the Pin IT button,  I have added a new button to my blog so that you can pin any picture you want form it, past or present.  If you hover your mouse over the picture you want then a Pin It button in red will appear in the top left corner simply click it and it will open your pinterest and ask which board you want to pin it to.

Enjoy...

32 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea Haven't got these dies but I wonder if the vertical strips could be glued to say a rectangle or oval and actually do a basket weave type basket if you get my drift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, wow would never have thought of this, was a great idea.

    Have a great Saturday whatever your are doing, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very different but a good idea.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    Great idea thank you, have a great day. Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a fabulous idea saw it on c&c when you were on with Sue I think it was brilliant.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    You never cease to amaze!!
    Your 3D projects are simply stunning.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, what a great idea.Have a great weekend.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Wow! another of your wonderful creations, it's gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great crafty project, would make a lovely gift.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John from sunny Sorrento
    Wow I just love this basket. It would make a lovely present. Might just have to have a go at this one. Love the colours you've used as their my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello John, well this is a big wow. It looks amazing, would be lovely to hold a little gift, love the colours and the fact it is different. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John
    Wow what a great project - love it
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've recently bought both the weaving dies and I'm pleased to see you showing makes from them as I'm a bit confused how to use them. Thanks John.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Great idea, love those flowers too. The weaving dies are amazing.
    Thanks
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John this is amazing I would not know where to start to make something like this. Thank you for sharing. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning John, Another design I'm going to have to try, would make lovely Easter egg baskets (yes I know it's a long way off I still have to get the dies and by then will have 5 grandchildren to make them for lol)
    Have a great weekend, I am off visiting family in Norwich cannot wait to see my Grandaughters.

    Maggie in Solihull.
    Oh and I can't pin your pics for some reason from my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eh up John
    Great use of the weaving dies and I guess the beauty of this is you can make it as big as you like (card size permitting) So many uses I can think of!
    Safe travels over the weekend matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this .....very artistic. Could be used for small gifts etc.
    Can we have more 3d projects please!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Very clever use of the weaving dies.....BRILLIANT!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a clever idea, John. I like it.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea. Very innovative. The basket is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning John such a clever way of using the dies very effective love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    What a lovely basket, and so clever. I must use these dies soon......
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very clever John, what an amazing paper engineer you are! Thanks for showing us just how versatile Sue's weaving dies are. Loving the cornflowers too.
    Blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab project John - luv it and what a lovely way to give someone a gift with it xx have a good weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great basket John, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,

    Fabulous creations, you have achieved your challenge lol!

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. great project ,love the basket ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, lovey cute basket,I bet it's not as easy as you make out, will have to give this a shot. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks John for a very enjoyable demo at Crafty knits . Loved all you beautiful samples. Xx Chris B

    ReplyDelete