Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Creative Wednesday,

A lighter and softer treatment today for the Lisbon die from the Portuguese collection.  I chose the colours first and just let the dies and embossing folder do all the work!

I started by embossing a 15x15cm square of Taupe foundation card and matting this on a 15.5x15.5cm mat of aqua card.  I then added mats and layers of the 2 colours to make a 21x21cm card.  I then rubbed pearl moon gilding wax over the embossed area and polished it off with a dry wet wipe.

To make the focal element I die cut the 2 largest of the Lisbon die set out of aqua foundation card then I added the filigree section to make the detailed frame.  Next I cut a piece of the taupe card using just the largest die in the set then added the filigree section and the next outline die down in the set( counting from the outside this would be die number 4 and number 5) and cut and embossed this.  I then cut a piece using the largest die (number 1) in aqua and placing the taupe piece over this I used it as a template to show me where to cut the last 2 dies in the set ( numbers 6 and 7) and i then cut and embossed this.

I know this sounds really complex but if you have the Lisbon set you will be able to make these instructions work!  Next I added all the pieces, mounted with from pads, on top of each other finishing with a piece cut with die number 1 in the taupe.

Finally I added a messy bow in antique white, a pearl embellishment, some stick pins and a liberal sprinkling of 3mm and 5mm white stick on pearls.

The design team for Creative Expressions have all been working with the Lisbon die and the stamping team have been working with decoupage pares and MDF tags so click HERE to see what they have come up with!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Lisbon die set
Scored lines embossing folder
Aqua and Taupe foundation card 
3mm and 5mm stick on pearls
Pearl Moon gilding wax

Enjoy...

40 comments:

  1. Morning John, a gorgeous card and beautiful colours.
    Have a great dayveveryone.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    So pretty, Thank you. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed so much, but happy to be back out of hospital after 11 days. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John, very classy, I like it!!!
    Have a good one!!! Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning John,
    Wow a beautiful card today, more dies to add to my wish list.
    You and Sue are such and inspiration to me, you are so gifted. I don't think I'd ever come up with ideas like this myself.

    No crafting for me today I'm afraid, one of my Daughters is in hospital, hopefully she will be home later today but I am helping looking after my two Grandsons while she recoverS from her shoulder surgery, which we have been told is going to be a while six weeks wearing the sling before intensive physiotherapy.

    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card today, the guilding wax gives such a lovely finish. Enjoy your day everyone. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours and of course the dies are amazing. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow-beautiful card today. I just love the colours you have used-perfect.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card, John. Looking forward to the workshop tomorrow.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Such a classy look this morning, love the embossing with the gilding wax it adds such a rich lustre.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colour combination, the aqua really pops out and the gilding wax looks just fabby. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    What a lovely card. I've seen the background around a bit recently and it is so effective, drawing your eye to the focal point. Love the centrepiece that you've made. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John,
    another lovely card,
    It could easily be made into a mans version too.
    Best wishes
    JosieBx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John,
    another lovely card,
    It could easily be made into a mans version too.
    Best wishes
    JosieBx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, A gorgeous card again and love the way you used that die ! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, Like this one, this embossing folder is great to use I love the way it always looks professional, thanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, love the delicate colours you have used.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the delicate colours on this card I have this embossing folder on my Need List I really need to win the Lottery! Perhaps I ought to buy a ticket lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    A beautiful card, so elegant and the colours are lovely. Love the way that you have used the gilding wax, it seems to give a mother of pearl finish.
    Thanks,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card today, love the pastel colours.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eh up John
    Not my colours but love the design. The centrepiece is superb and the pearls look divine.
    Better get some Sun on me today so I don't look anaemic next to you tomorrow.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John, A lovely card, I love the taupe and aqua colour combination.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John
    Another stunner today John. Love the focal point using the Lisbon dies.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning John unusual colour combination which I didn't particularly like in the first picture but looks much better in the second so I'm sure is super in real life!love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card, and the colours today look to be true. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous John

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John this is so pretty - love the delicate shades you have used - one classy card.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, your card today is sooo gorgeous, colours are just up my street. The embossing and centre piece are stunning, love it.
    Have a great day - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John,
    just beautiful - love the colours and the dies are stunning.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John,
    This is a lovely card... I really like the embossing folder and hope it will be available in Australia soon.

    Regards
    Jan from NSW (Aus)

    ReplyDelete
  31. So beautiful! I love it. I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765608655636/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, nice card n I love the embossing folder, I wish mine would come out nice an flat looking like yours mine is alway wobbly looking. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  33. You do gorgeous work John. Love the alternating colors in this beautiful design and how the embossed background stands out here.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John

    One word describes this card STUNNING

    Hugs Annx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card John. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely card John, really like the colours and the embossing folder is fab.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi John. A beautiful card again today. I love the soft and gentle colours that you have used. Take care x

    ReplyDelete