Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Busy Creative Wednesday


Happy Wednesday,

Firstly Ann you left a comment on Monday that you didn't get your card form Create and Craft if you email me your address to Lockers@live.co.uk  I will send one to you personally!

back to Today and its my turn for the Creative Expressions design team today and this month we are working with the Lisbon die set from the Portuguese collection.  I started playing with the Lisbon set and the border form the collection and came up with this busy design that it, deceptively, really simple as it is a basic monochrome card!

Click HERE to see what the rest of the team have come up with this week, it would be great if you leave a comment over there as well!

I started by making the background using the Border and taupe and Cobalt foundation card.  I cut the border twice in the cobalt and the taupe and simple mounted them, using spray glue, to strips of the contrasting colours.  I mounted the cobalt borders facing each other and added some pearls at the junctions.

To make the centre piece I cut 2 of the cobalt shapes using the largest three dies in the Lisbon set.  I then cut the taupe using just the 2 outline dies stuck the cobalt filigreed frames over the top.  I then mounted these , with foam pads of course, on top of each other rotating them to make this squarer shape.  I often cut 2 of a particular shape and rotate them to see what shapes appear with the Lisbon set I love the centre panel as it gives you a while new shape.  In this card you see the borders through the centre of the piece which makes a myriad of patterns that just come form the simple shapes.






Finally I stamped the sentiment, from my Daffodil Elements clear stamp set, in cobalt archival ink and cut it out using the smallest of Sue's pierced flags using the medium size as a mat for the sentiment panel.

I know this looks complex however it is just a series of 2 dies simple y cut in 2 colours!

Ingredients:
Craft dies by creative expressions by Sue Wilson
Portuguese collection corner, border and take
Lisbon set
Pierced flags
Cobalt and Taupe foundation cards
5mm cream stick on pearls.

Enjoy...

40 comments:

  1. Hi John
    This card really makes a statement. Lovely dies, and the two colours really go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a lovely card today, reminds me of a naval theme, would look good with an anchor on it for a mans card...me thinks.

    Enjoy whatever you are doing today, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Thank you a lovely bold card. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for fathers day!
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John a very different card, it reminds of the old flock wallpaper we used to have on our walls as I was growing up!! How lovely of you to send Ann a card I'm sure she will be absolutely thrilled xx enjoy your day xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, another fantastic card ideal for the guy's.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Lovely card today love the cobalt blue card
    I was almost tempted to get these dies yesterday but had to resist until pay day lol.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John today's card is fantastic. I love how you have used the dies. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, Wow I really do like this card ,just gorgeous and the colours are enhancing these beautiful dies! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-stunning card today, love the colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very intricate and beautiful John, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure about this one It's too busy for my liking Maybe it's the dark colour you've used.... Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rather different but like the way it works together.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Lovely card, a lot going on but it works.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Sorry to say this on's a bit too busy for me, I would have used less die cuts.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like this, its so different. Can see lots of possibilities, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's amazing how a single border die can create such beautiful background pattern. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, Beautiful card, love the colours today!
    love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Not quite sure about this one, but it looks very intricate.
    Thanks,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John, a beautiful card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you start with a pretty die, it's hard to make a bad card, in my opinion, but you had a lovely die, so made a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, great to see the Portuguese border in action again, I've been at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it so thankyou for the inspiration and restoring my mojo. Yesterday's card was lovely too.
    Blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the colours John, may have left off the navy borders behind the sentiment section personally, but lovely all the same.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, now this is more your style of card, strong colours and very classy die cutting. I love this card. Gutted I can't buy this die ( under normal circumstances I would have bought this die on the strength of today's card) but going to Isle of Murano so need every penny for there. Keep to your usual style showing the best in the dies you use. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simple he says ! Must say John that this looks so intricate but I like what you have done love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    simply gorgeous card, you can't get more intricate. I LOVE what you've done with the centre piece and had to read very carefully to see how you've achieved this effect. My hat off to you!
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eh up John
    There we were eating lunch and not once did you remind me I hadn't commented today hahaha! This is what happens when you have a dozy bird for a mate lol!
    What a gorgeous card too. The borders are divine and so intricate. Fandabidozi!
    Fab afternoon too matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, fab card, love the sentiment. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John

    Very clever use of the Portuguese border die. Beautiful overall!

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful John, love all the dies.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John,
    If you need a card to make a statement this is the one!...Brilliant.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    Love your card. Great strong colour
    hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John, wow what you can do with one boarder die, love the colours. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  34. HI John I am a newbie to your blog, but have been using Sue Wilson dies for some time. I really like this design and I can see that by changing the colours it can be used for many occasions, white on white for instance would be great for weddings, or Christmas colourways would look good also. Thank you for sharing this with us. I look forward to following your blog and seeing many other creations.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete