Friday, 26 June 2015

Aqua Version...

Happy Friday,

Firstly I would like to thank the lovely ladies at the workshop yesterday we all had a real laugh  If you missed the workshop but would like to attend one then I have a few planned (as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago) at That's Really Crafty in Loughborough.  There are a few species left for the first one next Monday the 6th July click HERE for more details of the workshops and this brilliant treasure trove of a craft shop (it's my local craft shop so I pick up loads of stuff there!)  I wonder sometimes how Christian manages to pack so much in!

As promised this is a different version of the card I shows yesterday.  We all had a fab time playing with all the different techniques and projects yesterday.  The Ladies came up with some brilliant cards and a couple of them made them in alternate colours (I love to see my projects come out differently and use other colours than my originals)

Today's card is made in Aqua which I think is just such a fresh looking colours especially when teamed with my ever present Coconut white! lol

I stared by die cutting the Portuguese collection background dies 1 and 2 (if counting as the largest being one and working in) in aqua foundations card I then cut a half centimetre around the die cut for a border.  Next I cut just die 2 from coconut white card and mounted the aqua die cut above, I then cut the coconut white outline 1/2cm wider.  I then cut dies 3 and 4 from aqua card then just die 4 from white.  I continued this to make each of the layers  finishing with the smallest die in the set in aqua and added it to a piece of coconut white card covered in double sided adhesive.  Finally I added some iced snow in the gaps and dusted decadent denim over the iced snow to give the variation in colour.

To make the remainder of the card I added a few layers of aqua and white to make a finished card.

The flowers are made using the perfect peonies complete petals in aqua and the open petals in white.

I finished the card by cutting the maidenhair fern dies in white adding the flowers on the top.  Finally I added some cosmic pearl PVA glue dots.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Portuguese background
Maidenhair fern
Perfect Peonies open petals
Perfect peonies complete petals
Cosmic Pearl PVA

Enjoy...

42 comments:

  1. Morning John, a fabulous card and love the Aqua card I don't have that colour so must order some. Hope creative expressions is coming back on C&C as where will we get all our card and goodies, my local craft shop(that Sue and Julia demo,d at last year) has the dies but not the card and all the chalk paint.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, super card today, lovely colour combo. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, John. Thank you for a great day yesterday. It was lovely to meet you and Ang and I look forward to attending more of your workshops. I won't get a chance to play with my purchases for a few days but I know I will get plenty of use from them. Thanks again.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John this is a fantastic card I love the colours and the dies are beautiful. It sounds like you had a brilliant time yesterday. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, sounds like a good time was had by all, wished I could go to one of them.

    love todays card, my favorite colours too.

    Happy Friday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, very stylish.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh up John
    Looks terrific in the aqua. . . . . and the denim and the teal that the ladies did theirs in yesterday. Nice to see the usual ladies (thanks for the cake Joy) and to put faces to Anne and Jan.
    Everyone had a wonderful time no matter what "species" lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John, glad everyone had a good day yesterday!!!
    Another beautiful card!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, A beautiful card, loving the aqua.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beauty ! i love it.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so beautiful.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just so beautiful.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Lovely card, I would love to go to one of your demo workshops, so have you ever thought about coming to Scotland???
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for a wonderful day yesterday which I thoroughly enjoyed. Think you have got me back into crafting after the very difficult time I have had since New Year. So thanks for that too.
    Learnt lots of tips and spent yesterday evening trying the techniques with my dies and have created a card by mixing ideas from both our creations yesterday.
    Really good to put a face to Mrs Duck!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, Beautiful in Aqua too! Thanks for sharing!

    To JUNE SMITH! Good luck for your Op on 29th missing your smiley face, hope your PC back to normal soon! Take care, love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Love your card, aqua is such a pretty colour.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John. What a beautiful card. It is lovely in the aqua. It's good to hear you had a great day yesterday. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a lovely card. I have got this die on order but I think it is on a slow boat from... wherever it is coming!
    Anyway, I think your colour choice is gorgeous.

    Regards

    Jan from NSW (Aus)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, Love it!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card John, so love this colour card. Have I said that before? lol!

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, another pretty card, great to see variations of the same card
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning John, glad you had a good time yesterday. Love what you have done here and the addition of the pretty flowers, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John

    So pleased you had a great day yesterday
    Wish we lived near a workshop area ? perhaps one up here sometime....

    Your card today is stunning so elegant pretty and a beautiful colour.

    Hope you got my thank you email

    Hugs Annx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card John, as usual.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card John, love the colour.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    Fabulous card - love how you've used the dies and the colours are gorgeous. I love aqua.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John
    Another stunning card. I love the Aqua card from Creative Expressions. I love how this card can be varied.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful colours on this card John. Absolutely stunning flowers again, they look gorgeous with the maidenhair fern.
    Blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John,
    beautiful creation yet again.
    Love it.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John, glad you had a good time with the ladies.
    I hope to see Julia again in a few weeks.
    The card is lovely John and I need the peonies asap :-)
    Take care ,Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, having a real problem trying to leave a comment today, anyway really pretty card an love the colour. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    Love the different colours but I think I prefer the first one. Still a beautiful card though. Thanks,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John,
    I love this card , must get the dies you have used. Then again I want all of Sue Wilson's dies.
    Finally enjoying some me time after a really busy day.

    Hope you are having a great day

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John

    Very pretty card, lovely and summery

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this card John, I too love the Aqua, bought some a couple of weeks ago and it is lovely. Take care, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I've really fallen in love with that die. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi John, A stunning card in beautiful colours.Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Exquisite! I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765608719332/

    ReplyDelete