Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 12 December 2014

Lots of blue...

Happy Thursday,

I thought I would show a blue card today as it seems an age since I shared one of my creations in one of my favourite colours!  Today's card is from my Show on Create and Craft In November which is over a month ago and yet feels like yesterday!  I will be back on Create and Craft on January the 6th with a selection of new Dies form Couture creations so I am manically making samples at the moment (thankfully we did most of our Christmas Shopping on Holiday in November)

Today's card uses a selection of Techniques and Dies that I love, form the Craft Die range by Creative Expressions, designed by Sue Wilson. For the show I got to choose my selection of favourites form the whole range and as a lover of Ovals and Filigree I selected my first set form the Austrian Collection of course.

I started by inking through a that special touch mask using perfect medium onto pale blue card then embossed the perfect medium'd section with Cosmic Shimmer detail silver embossing powder.  Next I die cut an oval form the centre of this panel and foam mounted a silver frame cut from the Salzburg set on top, studded with Cosmic Shimmer ivory PVA.

This piece was mounted onto a square of pale blue onto which I had stamped the sentiment and dragged with broken china and chipped sapphire distress ink to give a faded look.


The background is made from cutting the Austrian collection border 4 times from vintage silver foundation card and overlapping them around a square to make a frame.  Again I added dots of the PVA to highlight the piece.

Finally I made the flowers using the Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Classic die with the filigree section in.  I die cut each of the two larger sizes from a sheet of the blue card onto which I had added different colours of distress ink using Chipped sapphire, broken china and Milled lavender.  The piece of card looks so messy before you die cut the flowers however once cut it gives beautiful shaded flowers and foliage (I used the same technique for the new Ivy Die a couple of weeks ago as suggested to me by Sue)  A very messy bow in white and blue seam binding and finished.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson design Dies
Classic Rose
Austrian Collection Corners, Borders and Tags
Austrian Salzburg Die set
That Special Touch Mask, Counterpane
Cosmic Shimmer - Ivory PVA, Detail silver embossing powder
Distress Inks - as listed above
Blue & Vintage Silver foundation card


Enjoy...

27 comments:

  1. Morning John, I can see why you like Blue and especially with Silver. Great card, love the flowers. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. A lovely card, blue is my favourite too : ) I must try colouring the card before cutting out flowers as I love the look it gives. I am looking forward to your next tv show. I bet you are glad you got most of your Christmas shopping done while you were on holiday! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW John this card is amazing.
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card today & in my favourite colour.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,

    Loved this card when it was on your shows, loved the use of the boarder die round the edge as well as everything else!

    Love the idea of different distress inks together before die cutting, looks fabulous.

    Have a great day

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this card is amazing I am definitely going to try some is the techniques you have used. Of course blue is one of my favourite colours. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and I love that main die, so pretty and delicate, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW John, this is fantastic.
    Love the colour and the Austrian dies.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John once again a stunning card today I love the blue & silver it works so well together. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty card. I love the different textures, layers and tones.

    Hugs Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card fab border die ,Laura O ,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eh up John
    9 times out of 10 I colour the card before cutting my flowers and foliage as it does give them a more natural look (except when Im cutting holly in a rush lol!)
    Todays blue and silver combo is striking. All the elements tie in beautifully.
    Don't burn the candle a both ends!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Lovely card, very pretty flowers, I have these dies and must admit that I have not used them very much, I always seem to go for the daisy.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. the blue card is so pretty paired with the silver. Can't wait to see you on January 6.I will be watching for your great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John, lovely card great colours and flowers. Says it all really. Lol
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    absolutely gorgeous, I love everything about it.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, love blue and silver together
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful and magical.

    Your art is beautiful!

    Happy thoughts,
    Petrina
    Snow drifts everywhere here in New York

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another stunner John, I feel like I am repeating myself but your cards just blows me away x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow John what a fabulous card, love it !
    Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty I love all of the dies and the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another fab creatuon and luv how you have used the border to make a frame xx have a good weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card in my a colour I love.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, Beautiful Card, Love it, Thank you for sharing. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, I haven't commented for a while, but I have checked your blog daily to see your creations. Really love the style of this card and like the silver and blue combination. Have a good weekend. Janice x
    http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete