Thursday, 2 October 2014

Simple stamping...

Happy Thursday,

I thought I would go with s simplistic card today that takes all its effects from stamping, colouring and hand cutting.  Yes there is no die cutting anywhere on this card.

I started by stamping the image, from the singles range by Creative expressions four times around a hand cut square of coconut foundation card in archival black ink.  Next I hand cut the centre out and coloured the flowers using a watercolour pencil and shaded the flowers by washing over with water.

The remainder is simply matting and layering to create a 21cm x 21cm square card (i use A3 card to create these large cards however you can join 2 sheets of A4 to get the same effect.  I stamped the sentiment, form the friends set by CE, in the aperture.  Finally I stamped the image once more on scrap card, coloured it the same way and cut of the flowers.  I added these to the frame around the aperture and finished.  A simple stamped affair that could make a beautiful card for anyone.

Ingredients:
Anemone Planter singles stamp
Coconut foundation card


Enjoy...

22 comments:

  1. It's great to see you going back to your first love of stamping John. A really beautiful card and I love the watercolouring.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John your card is gorgeous. I do like that stamp and the effect you have achieved without die cutting is beautiful. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card John ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, a pretty soft and subtle card. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John
    What a beautiful Card I love the soft colours you've chosen, I really like the way you have used the stamp from Creative Expression and then cut extra flowers to cascade across the front of your Card simply stunning, thanks for sharing John.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've used the stamp It's that thinking outside of the box thingy When I first saw these stamps it was a "OK a nice little topper job done" bit you always manage to put a completely different "spin" on things I think I need to have time off work in order that so can do the things on my Must Try list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. I loved yesterdays card but have to say that the bow was a bit too big for my taste, it looked like it covered the third Bauble.
    Todays card is beautiful, what a great layout. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh up John
    Just shows that lovely cards can still be made without fancy die cuts. Would be great for any occasion.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Such a beautiful card using stamping, matting and layering and makes a nice change from dies once in a while. Love the pastel shade of your flowers too and so prettily done.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    A really lovely card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card John, and you are a good colourer inner! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John, pretty card today and such a good idea. I have been looking at the singles stamps and although colouring is not my strong point I reckon I could do this. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful & very versatile too, got to love that in a card! Think I left a comment recently saying Hi, I'm a newish follower & loving your work. Lots still to look through too. Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and going back to how cards used to be made before the event of cutting dies - although wouldn't be without mine now - but absolutely luv this card xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John, beautiful card, what a clever way to use these stamps, thank you for the inspiration, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple maybe but so effective John, best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely carf, very pretty stamping + colouring. Am shocked theres's no die-cutting!!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant card John, great stamping.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,lovely card,love the way you did the flowers.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    playing catch up again today, as I wasn't well yesterday.
    Beautiful, Beautiful card.
    Your design is fab, and I want that stamp. lol.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete