Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 6 October 2014

Monday Morning Blues...

Happy Monday,

Well I'm not feeling blue this Monday however as its Monday and toady's card is blue its seemed appropriate!  What could brighten up a nice blue than a host of butterflies?

Originally this card didn't have any butterflies on it it was simply the die cuts however it seemed just too harsh!  I started die cutting the beautiful butterflies from the Sue Wilson Magical Butterflies die set and inked the edges using broken china distress ink  I do seem to be getting into more stamping and distressing at the moment!

The readier of the card is, relatively, simple.  I die cut the french collection background in coconut white foundation card and foam mounted this over a piece of cornflower blue card.  I then die cut the largest filigree die from the french collection Burgundy die set and inked it through the die.  Next I cut the smallest centre die from the same set, inked it in the die, and added the sentiment.


Finally I added a few gems to highlight the edges and detail of the background die and added, using cosmic shimmer dries clear glue, the butterflies as if they had alighted onto the card.  There are also a few dots of pearl PVA glue to make the bodies.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Dies - Magical Butterflies
French Collection Background
French Collection Burgundy die set
CE Sentiment Stamp


Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    I Just Love The Card You've Chosen For Today, I Love All Sue's Die's But The French Collection Is Beautiful And So Versatile, I Love The Background And How You've Used The Burgundy Die, The Butterflies Are A Wonderful Addition, I'm Thrilled Your Now Part Of Creative Expression Team As I Know I Keep Mentioning It But There The Best Out There, And Your So Talented You Fit Straight In, It Must Feel Like Your Walking On Air All These Fabulous Things Happening Since Your Return To England And It Couldn't Happen To Anyone Nicer.
    Great Card John
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, beautiful card today, love the blue and white with the very lovely filigree dies. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John your card is gorgeous. I do like the addition of the butterflies they soften it. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh up John
    My kinda card. Fabulous assembly of die cuts in your favourite colour.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card John and even prettier with the addition of the butterflies.
    Loved yesterdays card as well.
    Bye for now.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    Just beautiful, love the butterflies. Loved your card from yesterday as well.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love this one, I think these French collection are my fave, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card for a miserable Monday morning and like the other ladies the French collection is my favourite set of Sue's dies. I seemed to have missed yesterday's card and that was beautiful too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great c\rd, love the addition of butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John,
    What a beautiful card you have made for our delight today. I found out about you through our beloved Sue's blog just recently(well Saturday to be precise) and spent the whole weekend while not working down at mum's going through your various cards that you have made. I think my favourite card has to be the triple framed aperture card in the burgundy wine colour as it is stunning and i will try and attempt this at some point when i have time to work it out and my brain is with me again as it has went away up my Ochil Hills at the moment to get itself back together again i think. Thank you for today's beauty,
    crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John this is so pleasing to the eye, all though lovely butterflies well done. Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,love this card,Die's,and the Butterfly's
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty Love it all and blue is my favourite colour

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    A gorgeous card! Like the others, I feel the addition of a butterfly will always enhance a card! I would normally add one, but your card proves that in this case, more is more! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card John, great use of dies, love all the layers.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello John, Beautiful card, love everything about it. I love adding butterflies to my cards. Next time I want to add a butterfly to a card I could try - Two - Three - or Four!!!! Thank you Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and fab colour combo and well what can I day about the butterflies other than beautiful xx is it only me that thought about Elvis when I read the sentiment!!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. love all the layers John ,great card,Laura O

    ReplyDelete