Friday, 31 October 2014

Gold Waste...don't waste it!

Happy Friday,

Today's card is made with waste pieces, well to be exact one waste piece that determined the whole card!

The centre panel of this card is made from the waste of a gold die cut form the Austrian collection background die.  I say the waste as for the card the background was intended for I wanted a large aperture in the middle.  I cut the aperture using the largest die in the Innsbruck set and to make this card I glued it onto a die cut, with the same die, in coconut white card.


I then mounted this over a full die cut of the background and then added it to a further gold panel that I embossed using the Creative Expressions A4 honeycomb haven embossing folder.  This was then added to a further mat of the white, a larger embossed piece of Milk card and a final vintage gold layer.




For the front of the 'waste' panel I added the centre panel form the background die and a smaller hand cut oval.  The sentiment, form the CE friends sentiment set, is stamped in black archival onto a further background centre die, at a landscape angle and I added a few pearls for effect.

I finally added a strip of champagne silky crush ribbon and a double bow before attaching, with foam tape, the top panel.  As always with a large bow I threw in a couple of hatpins and finished.












Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Dies
Austrian Background
Innsbruck 
Creative Expressions Honeycomb Haven A4 embossing folder
Friends Sentiments Stamp Set
Silky Crush ribbon, pearls and hatpins all Creative Expressions.



20 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    Well another extremely Beautiful Card for today, I Love The Gold Foundation Card From Creative Expression it's not harsh like the bright shiny Gold Card of old.
    Fabulous Embossing I Love The Innsbruck Die that you've used and I really Love The Font of your Sentiment then to finish of The Beautiful Crushed Champagne Ribbon and a couple of stick pins, Thank You for sharing your very Beautiful Card John.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,

    Stunning card, love the colour and layout.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John, what a great use of that left over piece. Fabulous colour combo and embellishments. Have a good Friday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Another lovely card. I love your ideas. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card & great use of a "waste" piece.
    Thank goodness its Friday & I can get some crafting done at the weekend.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    Another beautiful card today!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John your card is gorgeous what a wonderful way to use the waste from a die. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfecto mi amigo.
    Love the use of the left over die cut and the bow is delicious.
    Have a great weekend.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. Lovely card, it's good to see ways of using up the "waste". Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a statement piece ...love this one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eh up John
    Terrific card. You know I love the soft gold card and it looks fab teamed with the vintage gold. Love it!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    A lovely card, like the colours you have used, perfect.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. another fab card ,love the dies and colours .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very pretty, I often see bits and pieces of leftovers and think "how can I use that" especially lovely papers. I often save them, but never use them. I will look at them differently now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, lovely card today as usual and can I say a big thank you for hi lighting lots of different cards made out of the Austrian collection.
    X Ros H

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    lovely card and lovely idea for the "waste" (which of course it isn't - it's like calling weeds "weeds", they're just unwanted wild flowers), I shall certainly "borrow" your idea.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card and what a creation from 'waste' xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    super card, and I love the colour card used, and your super design, especially knowing some of it is waste, and what a great use of it too.
    I am an avid fan of using up lots of bits that are waste, and regularly post a card that goes into a fab challenge for such things. Called the Snippets Playground.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and I like the idea of using the waste pieces.m

    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John just found ur blog after catching up on sues shows from a few weeks back. I see some familiar names from her blog too hi guys lol
    Beutiful card using spare bits. No point in wasting lovely card. I try use as much of it as I can.
    Tracy from killie xx

    ReplyDelete