Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday,

Once again its my day for the Creative Expressions design team, seems to come round every week, and it's worth popping over to the Creative Epressions blog as we have three new members of the design team so here's the chance to see some new takes on the fantastic range of Products!

This month we were asked to use the new single and frame stamps shown by Julia Watts last month and I really love this Curled Frame stamp with a beautiful sentiment.

I started by stamping the image onto a pale blue card using a navy ink pad which I then heat embossed using Cosmic Shimmer detail clear embossing powder.  I then added a few dots of cosmic shimmer ivory PVA glue dots to the circles handily provided on the frame.

I then matted this onto a piece of navy card then coconut white.  Next I embossed a piece of the pale blue card using the Sea Garden A4 embossing Folder which I inked using broken china Distress Ink.

I matted this onto another piece of the navy and added a strip of ribbon down the left hand side.

This whole piece, before being finished off was then added to a large 20 x 2o piece of coconut white card with a small, 21.5cm x 21.5cm, mat.  To finish the card I die cut a couple of the butterflies, in more coconut white, using the dies form Sues Magical Butterflies die set. I also added a coupe f the Grand Vinery dies cuts, again in the white peeping cut form the stamped image.


Finally the card was dressed with Cosmic Shimmer pearl PVA glue which I used to make different sized dots, used as the bodies on the butterflies as well as to add some decorative edges in alternate corners.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Curled frame single stamp.
Sue Wilson's Dies
Grand Vinery
Magical Butterflies
Creative Expressions Sea Garden Embossing Folder
Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA & Detail Clear embossing Powder

Enjoy...

& Don't forget pop over to the CE blog HERE and leave a comment if you've got time!

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful card John. I love the colour of the blue card. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    WOW, Another very Beautiful Card this morning I really Love the Colours you've chosen for your Card. I Love The Embossed Folder The Sea Garden and it looks Tremendous having added Distress Ink. I Love The Beautiful Curled Frame and the Fabulous Sentiment which I believe is from The Garden range (I may be wrong) I Love The Butterflies and the Fabulous Vinery it's another Stunning a Card John I'm so looking forward to watching you on Create and Craft tomorrow with our Fabulous Sue. You'll do Great.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, very pretty. Although you have used navy card/ink it looks very light and is a great contrast against the pale blue & white.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John, a beautiful card, love the dots on the frame, well love everything. Is it pure coincidence that you and Julia both have cards today with the same embossing folder used? The sea garden folder is one of my favourites to use. Have a nice day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John this card is gorgeous I love the colours and all the details. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Lovely card but must admit I wouldn't have recognised it as one of yours.
    Have an early night as I'm sure you'll be on the road at the crack of dawn.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh up John
    Pretty card in lovely shades of blue. The frame stamp may have to go on the shopping list.
    Hope you're all set for tomorrow.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card John, love the different shades of Blue, there's a song there somewhere...!!! Anyway, good luck for tomorrow I have set all shows for record as I shall be at work. I am sure you will be fine and you have Sue there too. Exciting isn't it? Nervous but exciting.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. A lovely card today. It is all so pretty : ) Areyou all ready for tomorrow with Sue? Good luck, we will all be watching and recording your tv debut. Have a safe, trouble free journey, enjoy yourself : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    A beautiful card, love the stamping and the finishing touch of the butterflies. Hope all goes well for your tomorrow.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Oh so absloutely gorgeous,,,,love the colours too and such a pretty frame stamp. Good luck for tomorrow, for those of us that haven't met you it will good to see you on the TV.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very delicate look to this card, perfect for butterflies.
    Good luck for tomorrow, there will be plenty support for you.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful card; the frame stamp is so delicate and lacey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John a gorgeous card today my favourite colours and love the butterfly dies.
    Look forward to watching tomorrow good luck with that .
    jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John, love this card and seems fairly strait forward . The butterflies look great.
    X Ros H

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, just a quick note lovely card, good luck for tomorrow, best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning John,
    I know that blue is your very favourite colour and by today's card i can really see why. I love the varying shades of blue that you have made and finishing it off with the cosmic shimmer pearl drops to the ends of the curls just brings out all the beauty. Thank you John for another beautiful peace that is so calming and pretty,
    crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    Am I glad I stumbled upon your blog, via the CE blog. Your cards and boxes are absolutely beautiful and your blog will form part of my daily treat, along with Sue Wilson's blog.
    Congrats on joining the CE design team - enjoy. And good luck tomorrow, I shall certainly be watching. Hope you can show us how to do the spinner card.
    Have a good day
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these colours Blue is a favourite of mine You've made a very tranquil card-love it Break a leg tomorrow Can't wait to see you Having to record some of them though Work really gets in the way

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John
    What more can I say, that's already not been said! A stunning card that has the elements that I love. Gorgeous colours! Good luck tomorrow. I will watch a little live, before I have to dash! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John

    Very pretty card, and the shades of blue are lovely. Love the butterflies.

    Good Luck tomorrow John, you'll be fine

    Kind regards
    Tina E, one of your new partners in crime.

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely card ,love all the shades of blue and the stamps are so pretty too .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brill card and fab colours and a fab sentiment too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning John, I'm watching the 11 am show as I type, and was hoping to see you on this one, but I'll def. go back and see you at 4. As usual, I've succumbed to an order, that I couldn't really afford, but just had to have. I didn't spot the embossing folders as I was hurrying through in case I lost what I wanted, or I would have added this folder to my order. Too expensive to go back and re-order, because of the extra shipping. Love your card, and do we tell you to 'break a leg' as they say in the theatre?

    ReplyDelete