Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 24 October 2014

Christmas Friday...

Happy Friday,

I'm still on show samples I'm afraid and don't have anything ready that is christmassy I'm afraid! However with a change of sentiment and maybe colours this one could make a stunning Christmas card!

This is a complex card however the component pieces are quite simple however it has a long ingredient list.  Now this is a technique I am planning to demo on my next Create and Craft show which is pencilled in for the 5th November (will try to add some fireworks) and will be a die based show so lots of samples and demo's methinks!






 The background is cut using the beveled Glass striplet which is then mounted over a double sided adhesive sheet.  I added diamond snow which has a beautiful small crystal effect and in the flesh so to speak really shines!

The main piece is made by sticking a 14cm x 14cm piece of the double sided adhesive sheet onto a 16cm x 16cm piece of black foundation car.  I then rubbed perfect medium over the back of the that special touch mask Lattice so that it doesn't stick to the sheet and spread clear texture paste, Creative expressions cosmic shimmer range, over the mask then added midnight snow (this is the black version of the beautiful glitter jewels again form Cosmic Shimmer)  I pulled off the mask and washed it immediately as the mask has the midnight snow stuck to it!


I then allowed the piece to dry overnight.  Once dry I added more of the diamond snow over the adhesive parts that were hidden by the mask, giving this lovely black and white backing that really shines.  There is also a lovely dimension to this backing which isn't really visible in the pictures.

A few mats and layers of black and vintage silver and all I had to do was finish with a strip of ribbon, a messy bow all in black seem binding.  The sentiment is form the CE Friends set and is stamped in detail silver embossing powder onto a die cut form the French Collection Borders corners and tags set.  Finally, I hear you all breath a sigh of relief, 2 of the Grand Vinery die cuts, again in the silver.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Dies
Bevelled Glass Striplet
French Collection Corners, Borders and tags
Grand Vinery
That Special Touch lattice Mask
Cosmic Shimmer Products
Clear Texture Paste
Diamond Snow
Midnight Snow
Detail Silver embossing powder
Black seem binding
Hatpins

If I have missed anything sorry but its quite a long list!

Enjoy...

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful card today! I am never very happy with cards that I make in very dark colours but this card is stunning so perhaps I'll give it a go! Thank you for the inspiration!
    Marion B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, this card is very striking, love the use of the dies against the background elements. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this one - really gorgeous !
    Hugs Rose,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. A beautiful card, it is a shame that pictures (and I mean pics in general, not just yours) never do these lovely sparkly ones justice isn't it. At least that we will get a chance to see them or others on C&C on 5th Nov : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, even though I have the bevelled glass die-I doubt i'd be able to re-create this but its given me a simpler idea! Can't wait for your next shows.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John your card is gorgeous there are so many beautiful techniques here to have a go at. Thank you for the inspiration. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW John, what a lot of work but a beautiful effect.
    Looking forward to your shows.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John
    Wow, what an amazing card. Really looking forward to you next shows on C&C.
    Thanks for all the inspiration
    Barry & Jay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    I'm late this morning! I Love Today's Card I Love Black And White As Much As Any Other Colour, I Love How You've Used The Bevelled Glass Die, And Added Diamond Snow To Your Main Image The Diamond Snow And The Iced Snow Are Just As Nice As Each Other. It's A Stunning Card John I Love It Thanks For Sharing And The Photography Shots They Really Give A Clear View Of Your Card.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful john....i would think this would work with microbeads too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello John, I really like this card although it's way out of my ability league. I love the beveled glass effect. I gave this die and must play with it as it looks so classy.
    X Ros H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Stunning card and would , as you said, with different colours would make a stunning Christmas card. Looking forward to Nov 5th and seeing you back on our screens.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    A stunning design but sorry a bit too dark for me, would have liked more white. I agree in different colours it would be good for Christmas, Looking froward to seeing what you have for us on the 5th Nov.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a great design, very adaptable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card. Will have to read through the instructions a few more times to really understand how you did it. Love the way you position your stick pins. Great job on the shows you are doing and look forward to watching you demo once again. I always learn a new tip from you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    lovely card but it would have to be someone special to receive this - there's a lot of steps to go through and products used. Agree with you, the double-sided sheets are brilliant, so useful.
    HAGD
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John. Cant make my mind up about todays card and I imagine it is one that looks a lot better in the flesh so to speak. I do like the layout though. Looking forward to the shows next month. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eh up John
    Sorry I'm late (work issues!).
    As others have said, its a shame that photos never quite capture sparkle as I'm sure this twinkles like billy o (who is billy o anyway lol?) in real life. Fab design and finishing touches.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant card John, lovely & sparkly. It would make a great Christmas card with slight changes.

    Cannot wait for your new shows, will these be new dies or ones we have already seen? lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John
    I really like this card its very different.
    I have the grand vinery dies but try as I might I cannot get the middles of the small leaves to cut. I have tried shims of all sizes placed it to the side of the plates but still no good. Its a shame as it is a lovely looking die.

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    superb card yet again today.
    I love this fab technique you have used, and as you say could be used for a lovely Chrissy card.
    I have just finished a red Christmas one, made with Sue's bauble die, and iced snow, and am quite pleased with the outcome.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello John, WOW what a stunning card, yes it could be a Christmas card and anyone would be really delighted to receive this. I love it. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card and luv the techniques used - ideal for those special cards xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete