Wednesday, 29 October 2014

CE Time Again!

Happy Wednesday,

I can't believe how quickly the days seem to pass at the moment!  I'm heading down to CE towers today for a workshop with the fabulous Julia Watts as I want to see how a professional does it!  I'm hoping to learn some new skills and get some ideas as I am running my first workshop there on January 27th!  Details nearer the time...

Today is strangely my day for the Creative Expressions DT, click HERE to see what the other members have made with similar products.  

Today's card is a simple one using the same colours and techniques as I did on Monday (great Scheduling hey!)




I started by stamping just the sentiment from the Creative Expressions singles stamp filigree frame onto lilac and cut it out using the smaller oval die in the Sue Wilson Innsbruck die set.  I then matted this onto a coconut white die cut of the filigree section of the same die set.

I placed this as a tag onto a piece of the lilac that has been heat embossed in detail white embossing powder using the that special touch Delicate mask.  I wrapped a two tone, matching, ribbon around the embossed piece and placed it on a double layer of white and lilac that I embossed with the couture creations A4 Swiss dots folder.

Finally a large messy bow and a couple of creative Expressions hatpins and a lovely sentiment card finished.

I wanted to show that one stamp can give lots of different looks, by cutting the sentiment from the centre of a stamp it can be used in many different ways.





Ingredients:
Creative Expressions singles stamps filigree frame
Sue Wilson Austrian Innsbruck die set
Cosmic Shimmer detail white embossing powder
That special touch delicate mask
Lilac & Coconut white foundation Card


Enjoy...

20 comments:

  1. Hi John. What a beautiful card, I love the lilac/white combo, and the two tone ribbon is gorgeous. Have fun with Julia today : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one - it's delicate and beautiful. !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card John. Love the colour. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, very pretty.

    You certainly are mixing with all the "big names" now-thats great news.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    A lovely card, love the colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John your card is gorgeous. I really want the Austrian dies now. Have a great time at the workshop today I so wish I could be there. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh up John
    Did think you were running with a theme this week lol!
    Love a bit of lilac action so this is good for me. Love the ribbon!
    Enjoy your day with Julia.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so delicate and beautiful john.....keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    Yet Again Another Beautiful Card, It's Always A Great Pleasure To Visit Your Blog As You Make Such Beautiful Different Cards And That's What I Love There Different From One Day To The Next. John Thanks For Sharing
    Enjoy Your Day With Julia.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, great card, and more feminine that Monday with its colouring.
    X Ros H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty, soft lilac card John, I like this technique. It"s look changes when different colors are used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card John, and enjoy your day. I bet you are glad you made the move and came back to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, Fabulous card, love the colour lol!

    Enjoy your day with Julia, fun time will be had by all I feel!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John,
    What a beautiful card you have made for our delight today in the lilac and white. I love the different textures that you have in today's beauty and the two tone ribbon just finishes it off lovely. Have a great day at the workshop and come back over flowing with ideas and creations,
    Crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello John, I love the lilac and white combination and the twotone ribbon set it off beautifully, The sentiment in the centre of the diecut just works so well. I just love it all. Hope you have a great day with Julia, I'm sure it will be fun.
    Hang on, may I correct you, you are one of the professionals now. so it will be professionals working together!!!!!!! Anyway enjoy your day, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    sorry I have been missing for a few days.
    I have been spending time with my daughter, granddaughter, and my 2 little great granddaughters.
    super creation yet again today.
    love it.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful- as usual.

    Happy thoughts,
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another fab creation and luv the sentiment xx fab ribbon too - reminds me of a Trevira suit I had way back when!!! If you are a certain age you will possibly remember them - hope yiu had a good day at CE towers xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. fab card ,love the ribbon bow ,great card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. Hope you enjoy your time with Julia, I'm sure there are things you can both learn from each other. I really like your blog John because you mix things up a bit which I love.

    Hugs Alice xx

    ReplyDelete