Thursday, 9 October 2014

A Little Bright...

Happy Thursday,

Firstly I would like to say thank you so much for all the Birthday wishes you all sent on Tuesday, I'm sorry I couldn't say that yesterday however Mr Next Door surprised me with a birthday trip to London, dinner and tickets to see Wicked!  I have to say it was Wicked! lol

Now today's card is a little bright, I am sure everyone knows my love of al shade of blue however as much as I love this cobalt I teamed it with black to tone it down a little.  I have also made a version of this card in the same cobalt however this time with ivory which calms it as well.  I made this card to showcase the stamps to die for stamps that match the Austrian Collection dies from Sue Wilson.  This one is the Floral paradise rubber stamp.

I stared by stamping the image in archival black ink onto the Cobalt card and cut it out using the largest die from the Salzburg die set.  I then added ranger glossy accents to the flowers and foliage to give depth to what is, essentially, basic stamping.  This has given the piece a lovely shine and really shows the beautiful detail on the stamp.




To balance the image and colour I then die cut the largest filigree section die from the Vienna set in black then cut the same shoe, using the outline only, in the blue.  Next I cut the Austrian collection background in black and foam mounted this onto a slightly larger mat of the blue.  I then foam mounted each piece onto this base to create the layers however I added a drip of black and a matching cobalt ribbon across the front before I added the stamped image.

To make the finished card I simply made an embossed layer, using the CE Pinpoint Floral Brocade A4 embossing folder and a pierced layer having finally managed to replace my piercing ruler as every time I went to order one they sold out!


Finally I added some ivory PVA glue dots to highlight the detail in the die cuts and a messy bow, hatpin and pearl dazzler.

Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's dies
Austrian Background
Vienna 
Salzburg
Floral Paradise stamp to die for
Cobalt and Black foundation card
Ivory PVA glue, Hatpins & Dazzler all CE
CE Pinpoint Floral Brocade Embossing Folder

To answer a couple of questions form yesterday there will be a tutorial sheet for the card and box however it will be a while as it has been created for the Creative Expressions design team and will be available née it is real eased on there.  Secondly Karen I use a size 10A scalpel, available from art shops!

Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    I'm thrilled you enjoyed your Birthday surprise. Today's Card is Amazing I Love The Fabulous Colours, Love The Colour Colbalt Blue and then by adding Black really works for me, I Love The Floral Paradise Stamp you've used for your focal point.
    Fabulous Background from The Austrian Collection and I really like how you've added The Pearls very effective indeed.
    I Love The Pierced Edges but I can never seem to get mine straight no matter how many times I try, I Love The Ribbon that works so well with your Awesome Card. John Thanks For Sharing.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,

    Stunning card, loving the colour as it looks more like Turquoise to me than Cobalt Blue lol!

    Great trip to London you had by the sounds of it, I was going to book tickets for that for hubby's 50th next year but have gone for the Faulty Towers experience instead!!!

    Have a good day.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Lovely card. The turquoise and black go so well together. Love the piercing around the edge. I have the piercing ruler but never got round to using it like so many other things in my stash. Your Birthday treat sounds wonderful. Lucky you. Glad you had a good birthday.
    Bye for now. Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card even if it is bright love these dies [are they going to be on shows on c& c when your on next week ].Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic colour, love this card.
    Glad you had a great birthday day out.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card John as always and thanks for the info on scalpels Now need to find an Art shop! Internet here I come

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, love your card, as indeed all your creations since I found your blog several months ago. The black and cobalt are stunning together.
    One little point though, the embossing folder isn't CE Seagrass it's one of the new Pinpoint ones, wouldn't want you to confuse your fans lol
    Christine (Andypandy) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Great card, but not a fan of this colour it's just too bright for me, but I do love the overall effect and design.
    Pleased you had a great birthday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh up John
    Gorgeous in that shade of blue against the black. Nothing wrong with bright like this matey.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Bright and Beautiful on such a rainy morning.....it's a gorgeous card. So glad toy had a wonderful birthday and such a lovely surprise.
    My pre-birthday trip wasn't as exciting as yours (a coach trip to Bury market! ) but had a good laugh with hubby and auntie and uncle, so having a quiet birthday today as I'm cream-crackered.! Lol!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John,
    Glad that you had a great birthday with Mr Next Door out at the theatre and i get the feeling that Wicked was just right up your street. O love the design but you forgot to give out the sunglasses today to look at the card. I think i would need to make it in a lighter more subtle shade of blue shall we say, but it is beautiful. Thank you,
    Crafty hugs
    Norah (glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Afternoon John, a lovely bright card, I love bright colours, this works so well with the black. Loved yesterdays card too - I made a similar version to yours a short while ago and it really is a work of art. Glad you enjoyed your day out yesterday. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who would have thought that the glossy accents would make such a difference to the stamping, so effective, Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John I am glad you enjoyed your Birthday.I love your card , today It looks like teal on my screen.it is great with the black,and no it is not too bright
    I love every bit of it.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card and toned down by the black like you say - what a fab birthday surprise,for you and glad you enjoyed - can't wait to see the version toned down with Ivory xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. I want to see Wicked it is coming to my home town very soon so here's hoping. Your card is gorgeous I love the blue and black combination. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    so glad you had a wonderful Birthday and what a great treat, and surprise too.
    Love this superb creation today.
    The colour is amazing, and your design is also amazing too.
    Crafty Reagrds. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete