Thursday, 28 August 2014

Using Scraps...

Happy Thursday,

Normally I try to avoid posting the same colours 2 days running as I don't think the ascetic on the blog is right however this was too good an opportunity to miss as today's (yes I know I sometimes write Toadys! lol) card is made entirely of the scraps left over from yesterdays card.  The main body is simply constructed using the pieces of pearlised card that I cut the ovals form for yesterdays creation!  The other pieces are either leftovers form that card or were cut using scrap pieces.  I wanted to show that not only can one card lead to another but that it is wise to keep all the spare pieces when you are creating because you never know what will come of them.

I started by simply foam layering each waste piece over the top of each other cutting a wider border on each subsequent layer.  The centre sentiment panel is foam mounted onto a spare oval and is the foam mounted the the back of the card.  This is something I am always doing as I love the differing levels.

I added a few more dots of the perfect pearls and some of the delicate daisies, this time I added bases cut using the whole petal set to offset the cream of the front.  The only addition, again cut using a scrap piece, was the filigree leaves which just set the whole piece off.

Interesting what you can make with scrap isn't it?

Ingredients:
Spellbinders Mystical Embrace die
Spellbinders Elegant Ovals Die
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies Die filigree & Solid petal sets
Sue Wilson Filigree leaves Die
Cream & Brown Pearlised Card
Ranger Perfect Pearls in Gold


Enjoy...



17 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Yet Another Stunning Card, I love The Way You've Created Your Card From Yesterday's Card, Which Was Very Beautiful And Today's Card Is As Beautiful, I Love How You've Used The Aperture's From The Spellbinder Dies You Used Yesterday, I Love How You've Added The Extremely Beautiful Daisies And The Filigree Leaves From Sue, And The Fabulous Gold Heat Embossed Sentiment Beautiful Card John Thanks For Sharing, And The Inspiration.
    Hugs From Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card from scraps-wish mine turned out like that. I really like the two tone delicate daisies-think i'm going to have to purchase them!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh up John
    Lovely card from your scraps. If you saw the plastic wallets I have with my scraps,you would laugh at what I keep!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. A great card, it's good to use the "scrap" isn't it : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    I too have plastic wallets full of my scraps, but I do try to use them when making flowers etc. A really lovely card today and I do like the brown and cream together, lovely.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great idea Loving that brown & cream card I have a ton of scraps made of destroyed cards or happy accidents that didn't work! The pearl card seems to be the new mirror card at the mo

    ReplyDelete
  7. IN answer to your last question, Yes! I love the idea of not wasting what was left over, and if you can get a card out of it, that's even better. I often cut lots of flowers or leaves out of odd shaped pieces of left over card, but I don't often get to make a whole card out of what's left, so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your ingenuity John, trying to get pieces out of a smaller card doesn't leave the opportunity to make two cards so worth remembering. Love the brown and cream flowers, best wishes Jackie
    PS now you have got toady and today out of the way you can try getting your fingers round from and form next!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 equally beautiful cards John, the positive and the negative, the yin and yang so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Now if I can only remember to cut from the centre of the card so as to actually have something I can use on another card. Usually I cut as close to the edge as possible in order not to waste what is VERY expensive card where I live. (I want to use every micromillimetre of the card).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smashing John,I love the brown and cream.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card John, even better made from the scrap of yesterdays.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing is ever waste to a good and frugal crafter. Yo have made another beautiful card.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    super card ,and all made form your leftovers of yesterdays card, amazing.
    You are such a clever designer.
    This is as elegant as yesterdays, but all the inside bits instead of the the outsides.
    I have just finished a card using gilding flakes for the first time, and am pleased with the result, by the way its your fav colour combo brown, beige and cream, and I used Sue Wilson's dies in it too.
    Will be showing it on Saturday, as I usually show an oldie for Friday.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, I'm like one of the earlier crafters - I cut my dies to the edge to get the most out of the paper, but is really must check to see if the waste offers a good farm for something else. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete