Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Lilac Criss Cross...

Happy Tuesday,

As I am sure I have bored you all with by now I do love looking at a die in a different way and making something unusual with a die cut piece.  That is exactly what happened with today's card.  I cut one of the strips from the Sue Wilson Lattice bow die set in white and stuck it down to a piece cut from a lilac card.  I noticed that it was a lovely ribbon and would work with my weaving technique so that's what I did simply cut another 5 and start threading.

I made a simple lilac and White apertures card 9something I have made so many times I am sure you all know the process by now lol.  and mounted the weave behind.


At this point I noticed that the front seemed a little small and plain so I cut 4 more of the lattice strips this time in lilac and stuck them on the front to give a lovely almost embossed pattern that followed the lines of the square aperture.





Finally I mounted the whole piece on a large card I matted in the same colours and making the centre squares smaller, gave a frame for the back of the card.









Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Lattice Bow die
Lilac & White PMD Cardstock
Pearls from (Spanish) stash.


Enjoy...



16 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    You certainly haven't bored me, I love to see other ways to use dies that way we get our money's worth. Today's card is great, I'd leave it as it is as a man card or add flowers and a bow to make for feminine for a lady card. Love it and your ideas John. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John.

    Very unusual card, like the idea behind it. Quite masculine card but items could be added to make it more feminine if needed.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!! Great card & using darker colours would certainly work for a mans card. Luckily I have this die so I can try this out.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh up John
    Now behave yourself, you know full well you're not boring anyone!
    Its a great design and as the girls say, unisex which is terrific.
    I will say don't be stingy with your glue on the lattice pieces.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING.
    Great as it is but I would do blues for a bloke and put bows on for a lady. Still gorgeous though, talk tonight. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely effect John, I have done the weaving technique recently using strips of a page from a book ( http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com) a lovely card that works for everyone. Have a good day. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    You certainly know how to get the best from a die, would never have though of this, it's very unusual.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Wow Wow! Live it Being fairly new to ur blog I will have to scroll back and see how to do the aperture but this is a definite must try coz I have the bow die! You're costing me a fortune lol! Found the Lacy doily accents die on eBay and won them Lots on Must Try list

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, you have been inspired again! Great card John, that new space is doing wonders for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card. Love how you have used the die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting take on using this die John, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fab technique created by thinking out of the box - luv it - Boring!!! Never xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning John,

    You are never boring.

    This is another brilliant design, as usual.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Do you sell you cards? If yes, then where?

    Keep up the great works.
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. Lovely card, what a great idea to use the bow die like this : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    what a very lovely card.
    Not surprised you found a lovely way to use your bow die, just what I have come to expect from you.
    The design is just super, and the colour you have chosen is great.
    Popped over earlier, but didn't have time to comment then.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great card must try this .Laura O

    ReplyDelete