Monday, 18 August 2014

Heavy Heart..

Happy Monday,

It is with a heavy heart that I post today's creation, I have been agonising over what to post today (thanks Mrs D for the assistance on this one you really put things in perspective).  I have never been one for blogging the whole of my private life and whilst I love all the friendship and togetherness that craft blogging brings I have always shied away from being too personal.  Well last year on the 18th August I posted something important to me which was the loss of my Dad now two years ago today.  If you want to scroll back for more info please feel free!

Obviously today is the second anniversary of this event and whilst I had said, last year, that I would not post on this day It does not now seem right.  I know he would not want me to stop creating and posting work as he was such a positive person and supporter of my hopes and dreams.  Therefore today's card was specifically for him and my my mum (and Me as well lol!) as it was made especially around the sentiment for this occasion which, whilst being appropriate for many occasions, seemed to sum up what I want to say to me and my family.


Ingredients:
Sue Wilson French Collection Border & Tags die set
Justrite Embroidered Background Stamp
Crafters Companion Sentiment Stamp
Detail White embossing Powder
White, Black & Silver cardstock


I will leave you today, if you don't mind with the sentiment which, whilst being for all, selfishly today is for me and mine.

"Everyone wants Happiness, No one wants pain.  But you cant have a rainbow without a little rain"

Love, John x

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful card/sentiment for a sad occasion. Thinking of you on such a sad day today.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you today John with Love.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear John
    Nothing to thank me for my friend. Your card is stunning and has a sombre elegance and very poignant sentiment.
    Thinking of you all today, looking at the rainbow.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    A stunning card, beautiful and heartfelt sentiment. Remember the happy times.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences John - anniversaries such as these are painful - but you made a beautiful card with a heartfelt sentiment..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I echo everyone's words Much love to you and your family Dad would be so proud

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, a heartfelt sentiment and a lovely card. Life and death happens to everyone and it makes us what we are. I bet your dad is looking down on you and bursting with pride at the things you have achieved so far. Have a good day John, will be thinking of you. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. A beautiful card with a lovely sentiment. Your Dad would be very proud of you and all that you do. I will be thinking of you today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Such an elegant card with a beautiful sentiment and as everyone has said your dear dad would be so proud of you. These anniversaries are never easy...it will be my dad's 89th birthday tomorrow...and allthought it's 30 years since I lost him it still hurts but I sit for a while and remember the happy times (there were many of them) and they bring a smile to my face. I do hope you and your dear Mum can do the same John. My thoughts are with you.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sentiment on a beautiful card.
    Anniversaries do hurt, it's all part of loving.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a lovely card with a lovely sentiment on a sad day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John, what more can I say, it will be 10 years next week since my dad passed a week before his 80th birthday but it only seems like yesterday. Your card is a fitting tribute to your dad and the words are so beautiful. I'm thinking of you, best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. we carry our loved ones with us in our hearts.<3.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Love your super card.
    I too lost my dad about a year and half ago, so I can well feel for what you are going through, the first Father's Day seemed the worst for me visiting round blog land brought me to tears, as it was the first year I would not be making one of these cards, but time is a good healer, and I can visit now and not feel so bad.
    After all my Dad was 93 years young, and I had him for quite a long time compared to my children who lost their Dad at a very young age.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card John,think of all the rainbows and use today to remember ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John where this year go,is seems just yesterday that you were in the U.K. With your Mom.
    I think you made the right desicion,by posting this lovely work of art,and the sentiment brings tears to my eyes.
    Hugs,
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,

    Stunning card. Thank you for posting today I fully understand how hard that must be, I lost both parents 3 weeks apart 23 years ago and not a day goes by when I don't miss them or think of them. Your Dad would be so proud of what you have achieved and all you will achieve. Keep looking up at those Rainbows John those colours will shine on your creations.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    A poignant card, so beautiful and apt. Thinking of you today.
    Take care, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks John for sharing such a beautiful card and a lovely sentiment - I, like you don't put things out there in blog land and in June suffered a close, personal bereavement and blogging took a back seat for a while - but it is what helped to keep my 'free-time' busy and helped to keep me sane - so once again thanks for letting us share this special card - it will be admired from up above as well as by us mere mortals xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing John, such a beautiful card, your Dad would be so proud of your wonderful creations, thinking of you:-)

    ReplyDelete