Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Bring on the Pearl...

Happy Wednesday,

Well what more can I say this is not bring on the pearls, there would be no point as I use them on virtually everything, but bring on the pearl..  What I am referring to is the beautiful Pearlised card I used to make this card.  I went crafty shopping (and to possibly arrange a class and demo) at Mrs Ducks local craft shop I saw this gorgeous pearlised card that they were selling in handy bundles of 5 sheets for a pound. Of course I bought a few packs and colours however it being me the first choice was the chocolate brown and beige.

This is the first card I have made with the cardstock and so I thought I should share it!

I started by cutting the largest die from Spellbindesrs Mystical Embrace in the chocolate card and mounted this, with foam tape of course, with cream then another layer of the brown.  Next I added a strip of a matching Grosgrain ribbon from my stash before layering alternate die cuts from spellbinders Elegant Ovals set in alternate colours.

The final layer was stamped with an old sentiment stamp and eat embossed using CE Gold detail embossing powder. I added a bow and a few of Wendy's hat pins (click the item in the ingredients list to see where to purchase these lovely hand made pins.






The card didn't look finished however so I grabbed my new Die Du Jour the Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies die set and cut a few of the edge daisies using the scraps of cream.  I finished the centres of these and the edges of the large die cut using ranger perfect Pearls in gold.

I really feel that the addition of the finishing touches makes this card.

Ingredients:
Spellbinders Mystical Embrace die
Spellbinders Elegant Ovals Die
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies Die
Cream & Brown Pearlised Card
Ranger Perfect Pearls in Gold
Wendy's Hit Pins

Enjoy...

24 comments:

  1. Fab card - luv it and the daisies are luvly - not seen these before but like them a lot xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly gorgeous card - everything works so well together and the colours are fantastic. Really love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great card, the more I see these daisies cut out the more I want the dies! Might see whats available at the craft show at Leigh on Saturday.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card John, simply stunning. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh up John
    Well this is just plain gorgeous! I even love the brown lol!
    Yes Mr! That reminds me, you swiped a pack of turquoise pearl card out of my mitts and I forgot to pick up another pack. Bad boy!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ps I've put the card I gave you on the blog today. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    Now this is more like you John lots of die cuts all layered up for a stunning result. Love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    WOW, WOW, WOW, You Are Truly A Remarkable Card Crafter, Today's Card Is Truly Stunning, I Really Love The Colours Chocolate And Beige Just Beautiful, I Really Love The Mystical Embrace Die From Spellbinders That You've Used, (I must get this one) And The Beautiful Elegant Ovals Work So Well Together, I Also Love The Delicate Daisies Die From Sue, Your Stunning Stick Pins From Your Friend. John Thanks For Sharing This Stunning Card!
    A Very Beautiful Card, Love The Gold Embossing And The Fabulous Bow.
    Hugs From Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Stunning Any chance of you letting us know the brand of this beautiful card? I live darn souf and there's a distinct lack of craft shops In fact I only know of two near me - Hobbycraft (I know that's a swear word in some courts) and Pinflair I buy most of my stuff online

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. This is really beautiful. Love the colour and the very pretty flowers and Wendy's hat pins just finish it off. The Spellbinders Mystical Embrace is such a lovely die and it's another one to add to my ever growing list.
    Did you arrange a class and a demo at Ang's local shop?
    Bye for now.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card John, the nearest I have to that cardstock is Centura Pearl, and I'm still waiting for my daisy dies to arrive. Will look forward to news about a class and demo, that sounds like fun, and perhaps a start to a job without going out in the market place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning card! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. Wow, this is a totally gorgeous card, elegant with a beautiful sentiment. A real stunner. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card John, love the colours you have used, best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card John, this one is a winner IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, very classy.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, beautiful card. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card John, love the combination of the two colours.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow John can only say this card is stunning ,love every bit of this one ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suitable for framing. The pins add a sweet touch - I had never seen them before except for hat pins.
    Happy thoughts,
    Petrina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    stunningly beautiful card today.
    I love all the dies you have used to make this superb beauty.
    Your designing is A plus as usual, and not 1 beautiful hat pin but 4 my you are extravagant . lol.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    A stunning card. So beautifully balanced. I love it. Poor Mrs Duck - fancy you nicking her card! I hope you will make amends by showcasing it in a fabulous production! Best wishes Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness John, this card is just stunning. Love that rich, chocolate brown and those gorgeous pins. Your talent is amazing! Sending wishes for a wonderful day John, all the way from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John
    This card took my breath away it is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours.

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOOOh wow - would you mind if I pinned this to one of our boars John? thanks, Claire@WMS

    ReplyDelete