Friday, 6 June 2014

Changes

Happy Friday,

Everything Changes and so today I have an announcement to make.  After 5 years I have decided to return to the U.K  This has been a complex decision however it is made easier by then fact that we maintain a house in the U.K. as Mr Next Door works there lol!  There are lots of reasons for this move however I am really excited that in a month or so I will be home and will be able to shop properly! lol


I decided to show a card today that is one of my favourites.  Now as I will be organising the move, moving and hopefully setting up a new craft room in the U.K. I will need some time away from crafting to manage it all. Therefore I have been busy making, photographing and scheduling as much work and posts as I can.  so for the last few days or so I have been spending as much free time as I can in the craft room.


 Today's card is my favourite of all those I have made so far ( as i write this I am looking at a pile of cards and creations awaiting write ups!)


I started, as always at the moment, with the Sue Wilson Californian collection background die. however I wanted to do something different with this and as strange as it may sound I woke up with this card in my mind.  I could see small white flowers at each junction of the die, set against a duck egg blue.  I got straight into the craft room and created this!

I mentioned the other day that I started a card by getting the different coloured cards and papers out first. Karen asked is that how I usually work and I'm sorry to say its not.  I tend to sketch out a card in my mind or on paper based on an idea or a die or stamp.  I then work out which colour I think it would work in.  A lot of times I start with die cut pieces that are laying on my desk and just play til I'm happy!  As I said this card started almost finished as an image in  my head.




Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Californian Background die
Blue & White smooth PMD Card
Sizzix small flower die
Spellbinders Belly Band One die
Crafters Companion Sentimentals range stamp
Creative expressions PVA Glue Pearls





Enjoy,  John x.


21 comments:

  1. How exciting for you, lots of lovely craft shops etc in the UK! I live this card, its so pretty & delicate.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will miss you greatly John but I know it´s what's best for your future plans.
    You lucky thing with all those craft shops!
    Love todays card especially the tiny white flowers.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John. . . . . Won't be saying that much longer now! This is a gorgeous card and I can see why you love it. Using the flowers on the functions is a fab touch.
    As I've said to you,selfishly, Im thrilled you're coming back but it will be difficult leaving good friends. Hope opening night was terrific!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, John,
    What an elegant way you have used the versatile Californian background, such a classic card, such style!
    What a mind-blowing, momentous decision you have made to come home!
    I really admire you for making the move back.
    What I don't envy you is the packing up after 5 years!
    Away with the negative - I wish you a Happy Move and a great Future back Home.
    Think of the cheeses you have missed!
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all went well last night John ?,
    Your card is just beautiful i love it all , there will be no stopping you in the craft shops once you are home .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and thanks for answering my question It makes total sense now I suppose because I don't make cards to sell per say when I'm asked to make a card my first question to them is what is their favourite colour and what do they like eg hobbies etc Hope move goes well Ooh! Will you be demo-Ing (live or on the tele) when you get here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sob sob.

    Lovely card today and loved yesterday more, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Hope the opening night went well and wow what a big decisin you have made. Good luck with the move back to the UK. You're going to have so much fun with all the craft shops and shows on your return.
    Your card today as always is beautiful love the colours and of course the SW dies.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John, hope everything went well last night at your play - what will they do without you. My goodness you will have a mammoth task just packing up your craftroom without everything else you have accumulated though a good excuse for a carboot sale - do they have them in Spain?? But setting up a new craft room from scratch sounds so much fun. Is your home big enough for us all to come on a crafty retreat??!! but back to today's card and I wish I could dream like you, realy nice. best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    Oh my what a big decision you have made, Wendy is going to miss you. Hope your opening night went well?.
    I just love today's card, like you this is one of must used dies at the moment along with the striplet. I may borrow this design if you don't mind.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, hope last night was a great success. Hope all goes well with the move. A gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card John, I am still hankering after that die. Congrats on the decision - a big one in anybody's book. You will miss out on the suntan, but the shopping for craft goodies will probably keep you occupied while it rains!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh John...the best of luck in this next phase of your life. Hope your return is as smooth as it can be. Thank you so very much for all your sharing. Your work is absolutely gorgeous and I appreciate all the long hours of work involved in sharing with us. Be happy.
    Carol L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow ,lots of news in the post today ,fantastic card and the little flowers are gorgeous .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card john. Love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - Wow.......first one is for the card - luv it xx and the second one is for coming home - not an easy decision I'm sure but congrats on that xx hope the play went well xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. John, this card is FANTASTIC !!!!. What a brilliant idea to add the little flowers to the background....you have opened up loads of possibilities for other embellishments on the same idea. Good luck with your move back to the UK, you are coming home at the right time as it's sunny today and likely to stay that way for a while so hopefully summer is here at last. Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John this card is inspiring ,and every detail is exact .i am happy that you are taking a big step to move back to the U.K. ,at the rate you were working,and crafting, ect. You burn yourself out.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John i love this card it's stunning the colour combo is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. back again ,was thinking of your post all day ,good luck on the move back to the U.K. ,can't have been an easy decision but you seem excited about it .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John. I love this card, I wish I had dreams like yours! What a great idea to add those lovely flowers. The card colour is beautiful too. I hope your move goes smoothly and I hope you bring the sun with you : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete