Thursday, 12 June 2014

Any Better???...

Happy Thursday,

Well I am still not a fan of green but after last weeks green post I had to have another go, to see the original Green card click HERE.

This time i decided to go for a softer tonal green and used a great deal of the moss coloured distress ink.  I also tried a new, for me anyway, technique.  I started by cutting the striplet twice in a row through a strong card to make a mask.  This I then embossed (thanks Mrs Duck for the instructions on how to do this) and then shaded the whole piece using distress ink and cut n dry foam.  This gave a textured yet soft background and a darker shade where the embossing is.

I cut a whole piece of the striplet and shaded it the same way before wrapping round the front piece and adding foliage and flowers.


The foliage is Sue Wilson's faux quilled leaves and the flowers are felt, sorry Mrs D and several others, cut from spellbinders bitty blossoms.  The background for the card is made by cutting the striplet three times in a row, mounting the piece studding the points around with gold liquid pearls.  Finally I foam mounted the header over the backing and added the sentiment stamped in an inked circle.

I feel that this is a better use of green but let me know is this better?!?

.
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Striplet die
Sue Wilson Faux Quilled leaves die
Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms die
Cream Card stock
White felt
Gold liquid Pearls
DoCrafts Sentiment stamp (love notes collection)
Distress Ink (moss I think)



 Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely, like you i'm not a fan of green (or yellow) but think your cards are convincing me to give them a go!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    I don't do green or yellows as i have said before , BUT todays card is just beautiful i really like the Moss distressing , { am i being converted? } i love how you have used the striplets die, the style of your card and of course the lovely pearls and felt flowers ,
    Have a good day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, love the card. Also love how you have made your own mask from one of Sue's dies. How do you make the mask..is it just by die cutting onto very strong card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    Yes, lots better (Im ignoring the felt and leaves lol!) as the green is broken up. I've had The Striplet out for my next DT card. The die is beautiful as is your card matey.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Like you not a fan of green or yellow, but you have done a good job with this one, I love your felt flowers and the Sue Wilson leaves are going on everything at the moment.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fab creation and very different - luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've probably said it before but I usually don't do green because it's the colour of.my old school uniform Yellow's a rarity too but I love how you've used the Striplet as a mask and Yeh! I have the Striplet! And the green is growing on me Love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Oh I love the striplet die so it's on my wish list love the new technique you have used..a beautiful card.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the die John, but not tried embossing it yet - nothing wrong with the bitty blossoms either! Not quite sure about the green, but that can be a personal choice as I'm sure we all have a selection of those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, John,
    According to Hans Christian Anderson, "Green is good for the eye", so with your help this might just have turned into a beautiful Swan!
    I actually love this card, and your work with the Moss, and of course with the SW die.
    There, I told you, I am trying hard!
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,love the green,love the Die,and design is beyond words.
    I am not the best and back in Hospital .
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card John.
    Good wishes to Ita

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful design John, love the embossing to match the dies.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. fab card ,liked the green last week and this card is great too ,love the way you embossed through a piece of card and inked through .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the card John, I like all colours whether they are bold or pastel. Janice x

    ReplyDelete