Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Bright and Red?

Happy Tuesday,

Still trying to carry on with a ladies theme however this is a little bright but i guess not everything has to be pink!

This card started by covering the mask I was playing with last week with Versamark and running it through my GC with the embossing plates to transfer the ink and get a raised design.  Of course I added a piece of white card as well!  I then added red metallic embossing powder and heat set the piece.  This gives a lovely stark red and white raised pattern with a really shiny finish (a little hard to see on the pictures I know!)

I mounted this onto a thin red mat, then a white die cut piece cut at each end with Spellbinders Bracket borders 2 die which I inked in red whilst in the die.  This is then simply mounted, with foam tape, onto increasing mats of red and white to focus  the eye on the main panel.








The centre piece is cut using two different sets of Spellbinders making the card use three different sets in total, extravagant I know but i did get them for a good price by pre-ordering in January!  The back piece is Belly Band one, inked in the die, the next piece is the middle die from tranquil moments.  The fdinal piece is the smallest in the set, again inked and stamped with the sentiment.

A strip of ribbon and a few pearls and finished, a card that literally shines (it's the metallic embossing honest!)


Enjoy...

14 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Bright and beautiful, with great embossing technique; I assume that you heated it from the back to achieve such glossiness, like it a lot. Thank you.
    Have a good day!
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright start to a dull day-lovely card. So much detail on it.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fab background made using this technique - luv it xx I would defo have a go at this but in a different colour combo - fab card xx GaikT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really nice card ,love the background and design
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John. It´s beautiful. I love the way you´ve used the bracket border, it´s still one of my favourite dies.. It looks as though the white backing card at the top and bottom has been stitched or cut with fancy scissors.
    I´d love to see it so shiny in the flesh - so to speak!

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. What a great card, love the colour and patterns, and also the dies used : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    Wow! this woke me up, bright and cheerful for a dull and wet morning. Love the embossing.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card John, but you forgot to tell us who makes the mask! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful John, I haven't tried this technique as I always thought that the ink would dry before I had the chance to run through the grand calibre, and then add the embossing powder. Will give it a go now. thanks. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Oh this is gorgeous, so bright and cheery on such a dull day. Love how you have used the mask and I would also like to know what it is too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola John
    Me likely very muchly. Bright and bold so just my thang! I'm guessing its the same mask I asked you about the other day so put us ladies out of our misery and tell us what it is. Love it!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    PS: Are we not talking Embossing Folder rather than mask? i.e. letter press with Versamark? Whichever it is, the result is lovely! Please, let us out of the mystery.
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours Is it a mask or is it a folder..? I find it fascinating how u "arrange" the dies I have the bracket dies and not used them yet Is the "pattern" on the bracket piece from the set I'm only asking coz the edge appears straight and not "mirroring" the shape...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice John. Love it (as usual)

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete