Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Your Card Tuesday

Happy Tuesday,

Firstly I wanted mention that my Mum loved the gift I made her for mothers day which I featured on Sunday.  Although I was working most of the day I was able to take off a couple of hours to treat her to lunch (and some flowers)  I hope everyone had a great day!

Whilst we were eating I showed my mum some of the comments and asked her to choose the number for this weeks card.  I asked her to choose a number between one and twelve which were the comments for that day she chose number four which was Lydia Jordan.  Therefore todays card is for Lydia, Lydia doesn't have a blog so I cant direct you to that however I can say that Lydia leaves some beautiful, encouraging comments that I love to receive.




 Now todays card for Lydia is an usual colour combination of beige, cream and green however it hopefully works.  I started by embossing a sand coloured piece of CoreDinations cardstock with a spellbinders folder (can't remember which one) and sanding it.  I then cut a frame in the same card using Spellbinders Elegant labels 28, along with the tag in the centre.




To offset the haevy sand colour I cut a frame in the other die in the set in plain cream cardstock and layered it all up with a strip of ribbon, again to give some relief.

I hope you all, and especially Lydia, like the card.  As usual if you send me your address to Lockers@live.co.uk I will post it out to you.

P.S.  Leslie did you receive your card? If not I will happily send another as it has been a while now!

Enjoy...



15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful John, as you say an unusual colour combination but it works! Lovely design and use of dies, I am sure Lydia will love it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola John
    Now you know I never was keen on brown until seeing some of the cards you have made using its various shades. This is as yummy as the Caramac it reminds me of. Im sure Lydia will
    be thrilled to receive this piece of art.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Love the design wasn't too sure of the colours at first but keep looking back and they are growing on me, and I'm sure Lydia will love it as it was made especially for her!
    Have a good day.
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. I love the colours you have chosen and I am sure Lydia will love it too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Oh yes I will love it I'm thrilled, last week was difficult for me I fell onto my coccyx bone and I've been unable to do very much, feeling a bit better today.
    Thank you John,
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased your Mum had a nice day ,
    well done Lydia you lucky girl
    Your card is gorgeous John i love those colors
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card John, though my screen doesn't show any green. I don't have that elegant labels die, which is very pretty, but I have something else which I think would substitute fairly well. Just got Sue Wilson's quilled leaves spray, and I'm dying to try that out. Sadly my card never arrived, which was very frustrating. Would you like me to send my snail mail addy again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    Beautiful card and congratulations to Lydia for winning it....love the Elegant labels die. So pleased you managed to spend some time with your Mum on Mother's Day

    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. another stunning card ,John.Just got some of the fab Sue Wilson dies this morning and can't wait to try them out .Glad your Mother liked her card and pressie ,it was fab .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is an unusual colour combo, but you seem to have the knack for making browns stunning, so I have been trying some myself. Yes it does work! Thanks for the help.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pleased you were able to spend time with your mum and she enjoyed her gift. I'm not a fan of sanded card but this is quite pleasing to the eye and I'm sure Lydia will love it. The card you so kindly sent me a few weeks back sits by my computer and I just love looking at it. With best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John my screan does not show green either.Happy u got to see your Mom.
    I spent the day alone it was a very long day.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    I love this card. It's not showing as brown on my computer, but a lovely rich sandy colour with cream accents. Beautiful balanced composition.
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    someone is very lucky to receive such a beautiful card you have made. So congrats to the lady in question.
    I agree with Mrs Duck it reminds me of Caramac chocolate, the colour, but then I have a sweet tooth in any rate.
    Your designs are always so amazingly beautiful.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely color combination and I am sure that Lydia will love it and appreciate your hard work xx

    ReplyDelete