Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 20 April 2014

Sue Week Final...

Happy Sunday,

As I said earlier in the week it seems to have been Sue Wilson Die week this week, this was purely random and based on what I was making however it seems I should at least finish the week with a SW die!

This card is made, again, using the Valencia die set however today is black and White.  I started by die cutting the centre filigree die from black card which I cut into a rectangle.  I mounted this onto white card then on a thin strip of silver.

The centre section is cut in white with a silver mat foam mounted in the centre.  The sentiment is on another die cut from the centre die which I inked in black soot distress ink and stamped the sentiment on.

This hangs from a large bow, I know not to everyone's taste, with a few roses on the edge.





To finish the card I thought I should have a go at a SW pierced mat which again I matted onto black and silver.  I finished by adding a few pearls as it wouldn't be one of my creations without a few pearls!






Enjoy...


15 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    Love your card, but I have said many times I'm just not a big bow person, so would have to a smaller one.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Happy Easter, hope you have a good day. Lovely card, it is striking, I think the big bow suits it, almost rosette like. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    WOW such a lovely card ,i love it all and that bow is ahhh so, so beautiful it sets the card off a treat along with the pearls

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as per. Happy Easter, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card John, I went wild and ordered both sets of flowers and the other striplet yesterday, but from Joanna Sheen, as she sends things post free, as opposed to C&C's charges of £7.99 to Ireland. Sue is a great designer, has made her dies to mix and match, and so pretty. I loved all three shows yesterday. Happy Easter to Everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    I always say, if you're going to have one, have a big one! (Bow in this instance).
    The black, white and silver is inspired. May have to copy the colour scheme (don't have the die sadly). Beautiful as always.
    Happy Easter matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, I can understand why you love the Sue Wilson dies, I have been watching her on create and craft tv and I love all the dies too !! . Had to sit on my hands to stop me ordering any though. Thank you Lesley Thomas - just read your comment above about Joanna Sheen free postage - will look on her web site if I do order any dies. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. had a comment written out but it disappeared before I could publish ,Computers sometimes drive me nuts.Anyway back to comment John this is a fantastic card ,love the black and white colour theme .Had to stop myself buying lots of dies yesterday ,not because I don't like the [anything but]I will get afew more again from Joanna Sheen later.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter John,
    This is certainly a card which needs a big bow. It looks great.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Her new dies are to die for. Excuse pun but they are fab. Your card is gorgeous john x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Card John, as usual.
    Have got Sue on the tele at the moment, but am resisting the temptation.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore what you and your style it's fabulous xx maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card and luvin the bow and using my favourite colour combo (at the mo anyway) - Happy Easter xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card and luvin the bow and using my favourite colour combo (at the mo anyway) - Happy Easter xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete