Saturday, 26 April 2014

Something Different (Striplet) Saturday...

Happy Saturday,

Another Striplet die creation I'm afraid!

I love making box's (as I'm sure you all know by now) but I also like making card sets.  When I was playing with the striplet die I noticed that the ease of cutting and the design makes this die perfect for batch cards (cards that can be made quickly in large numbers).

Therefore I stared by making these cards in 12 x 12 cm first as I have a sizzix die that makes 13 x 13 cm square envelopes.  This allows me to make matching envelopes in patterns
(another day for these perhaps)

Next I made a slide box to hold them, what I mean by slide box is that the right hand side is left open so that the cards and envelopes slide in and out.  The third pictures shows this better!






The cards are a simple design with the right hand top die cut with the striplet. I then studded this, there are perfect places on the die cut shape to hold a gem or pearl, with jade coloured  gems.  The colour comes from a piece of teal card cut to size and stuck on the inside back of the card.  Finally a Just A Note stamp form DoCrafts in matching chalk ink.





The Slide box is made at 13.5 x 13.5 in matching cream cardstock however the front-piece is made from silver mirror card into which I cut the whole striplet.  This is, again, studded with the jade gems and my ever present pearls.  As you can see the cards slide into this box.


To hold the slide box with the cards and envelopes I made a simple two piece box to hold the collection.  The lid of this I cut with the striplet die in one piece.  Now the die is bigger than the top of the box however I folded the sides in before cutting so it only cut through the top and gave a slight embossed pattern of the die on the sides.


Finally I made a notelet holder in the same style (I know I was getting a little carried away but my defence is that I love the die and the colour combination)







I really feel that the selection of different makes really show how versatile this single die is, I have to say I think Sue Wilson really has come up with some amazing designs.










A Lot of pictures but I hope you don't mind scanning through them and that you...


Enjoy...

15 comments:

  1. WOW.WOW.WOW John, you definitely couldn´t have slept last night. What a fantastic creation and a wonderful gift. Love the colour combo and of course the pearls. Even a notepad to go with it. Words fail me. Even more things to cope when my striplet die arrived. I think it must be delayed because of the Easter holiday.
    Great seeing you yesterday.

    Bye for now.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    What a wonderful gift set, love the colours and the little not book. Clever man.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's your next craft stall sorted John!! What a lovely selection of gift ideas. Have a great weekend, hopefully it is not as wet there as it is here, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. You have been busy haven't you! This set is so pretty, I love the colour combo, it will make a great present. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Oh my giddy aunt! What a gorgeous gift set!! You use SW dies so well and I love the little notelet book. Oh I do love viiting your blog John to see what you come up with each day and it's always such a lovely surprise.

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola John
    I did warn that using The Striplet was infectious.
    Love the little note book. I am surrounded by technology but still prefer to write things down so this is a lot more stylish than the scraps of paper I usually carry about.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    OH I JUST LOVE YOU , AND YOUR WORK , you certainly know how to keep we followers motivated ,what a gorgeous gift set .
    Will certainly be having a go later today .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the box and cards John, I am planning to use my striplet die today, if what I have in my head comes out OK, I shall be a happy bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, this is a great idea. Can you tell me how you made the note book please. I think both of these will make great pressies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unusual and useful, what a combo.
    Very talented and versatile Young man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning John, I must come up with some new words lol! You amaze me with your creations, always look so professional, delicate and intricate. Great ide with the notelets, make a great gift. Loved yesterdays too, sorry did not get chance to visit posts yesterday so catching up today.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab cards and box today,love to see your fantastic designs ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow John everything you have made with the striplet die is amazing and these cards and notelets and the box are no exception xx my striplet die had it's first outing on Thursday - I cut it out of yellow card which was left from the Easter card I made (lazy really cos it was on the desk so to hand) and then I made a card for my Niece around this - I will post it tomorrow (hopefully) but it is maybe a little too fussy - not sure xx really don't know where you find the time to make such amazing creations xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3rd time lucky! I found your blog when browsing Pinterest I have one of Sue's dies (at the mo!) this Striplet I love all of your creations you've done and have added your blog to my Favourites

    ReplyDelete