Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 16 April 2014

More Flippin easter Box's

Happy Wednesday,

This is the post that should have gone live on Sunday however I think it is because of the video tutorial

This is the final, for a while anyway, flip box.  This is the project I was planning when I did the tutorial on using the Spellbinders A2 filigree delight die without the edge cutting, to see the tutorial (its now on you tube) Click HERE.

What I wanted was to make the chocolate holding box as easily as possible using one sheet of card without having to stick loads on.  I will film a tutorial on this for next week however it is made with an A3 sheet of card.

As you can see from this piece the filigree is cut however the edges are not meaning that I didn´t need to layer the front piece up, measurements will be on the tutorial as I am writing this late and I cant remember the measurements!

This box holds an Easter bunny (not a lindt one I´m not made of money, but a Spanish Aldi one!)


Next is supposed to be the video tutorial however this is what failed in the first place so It doesn't work properly so its starts halfway through! lol

The box is made from one piece of A3 card which is cut to 23 cm wide.  I scored this, from the front edge, at 3cm, then 12cm, then 3cm then the remaining piece will be 12cm.  Next I scored across the width at 3cm from each edge.  This makes the fold lines for the box, hopefully the video will show the cuts and folds that make this.  Here are the insides...




Enjoy...

13 comments:

  1. Hi John. What a cute Easter gift, the rabbit looks so sweet in the great box. I love the inside as much as the outside. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your bunny will go down just as quickly as those expensive one's do - besides which, I'm a Cadbury's girl at heart.! Love the card/box, and I just happen to have a nice stash of A3 Centura Pearl, so I am good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great ,and I'm sure whoever gets it will love it ,Love the way you cut this without cutting the outside edge .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    In this house, I would be cooing over the gorgeous box and Mr D would be salivating over the chocolate! Another stunner from Mr Box.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    Such a lovely box i will get my A3 card ready im sure i have some somewhere .
    Nothing wrong with Aldi and the bunny fits perfectly .
    We have Sunshine again today yeaa
    Hope you have a nice day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    A fabulous creation, how do you come up with the idears?
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab box and what a luvly idea to give someone for Easter - I'm sure the Aldi choccy bunny will be equally as nice as his expensive sibling! I am assured that Aldi chocolate is very nice (never tried it personally) but I'm a Cadbury girl xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Oh I do love your boxes and this one in particular...it's just gorgeous! Looking forward to the video. Love the chocolate bunny too...Aldi ones are just as nice as the others as I have tried one...well it would have been rude not too! Lol!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely project John, thank you for sharing. Will be away to the Isle of Wight for a few days so wishing everyone a Happy Easter , best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful John, love the design and colour, great use of die and I LOVE the chocolate Bunny!!! lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    What a lovely gift/box I'm sure the recipient would love it. Another great idea.
    Just to let you know that my card arrived today and it looks even better in the flesh and thank you for the little extras, your stitches are so neat much better than I could do lol! I think I may even try to make my own pins - thank you again.
    Hugs SueC x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow John stunning card,love then rabbit .i am not feeling feeling great,I am on a few different meds.,I know one of them justn wearers me out,so now back to sleep.
    Hugs to all.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete