Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 25 April 2014

Ginger Spice...

Happy Friday,

I hope you all enjoyed the video yesterday, I'm writing this  a couple of days early as I have 2 days of 8am till 11pm at work so no time to blog in sequence!

Today's card is made using the Sue Wilson Californian Background die and a very bright Ginger coloured card (steady Mrs Duck not That bright)  I found the card in my stash and thought it would make a lovely large card offset with cream to calm the colour a little..





I stared by die cutting a square in plain cream PMD card stock with the die, this meant cutting the whole die first then extending the pattern to make a square.  This does mean that part of the die is repositioned in the already cut sections.

Next I took a piece of the Ginger card which is thankfully A3 sized and die cut a square in the centre before hand cutting a slightly larger aperture in the die cut piece.  I then foam mounted this onto the ginger card over the aperture and cut a wider border.

I mounted the scrap from the centre on more of the ginger card and left that for the inside.  I then made a large card blank in white A· card stock (PMD Hammered) added a ginger layer and cut a square from the centre of the front before, finally, adding the frontispiece over this aperture.

To finish the card I threaded a matching strip of grosgrain ribbon through the different layers so that it passes over and under different layers.  The flowers from spellbinders bitty blossom die, were inked in a matching chalk ink along with some spellbinders foliage and a couple of loops of ribbon.

The sentiment strip is an old die double cut in ginger and white and added with a couple of hatpins.  The centre square was then foam mounted to the back of the card.

Really a simple monochromatic card but with plenty of interest.

Enjoy...



21 comments:

  1. Hi John. A beautiful card. I love the ginger and cream and the design is great. Love it : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card-I love it!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but very effective John. I don't know if you receive the weekly workshop emails from Creative Expressions but they have produced a large gift box using the Spanish die you have been using for your cards this week. Don't work too hard, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. At last Google is behaving itself and I can comment again.
    Love the die you´ve used on todays card and such a lovely colour combo.
    Have really enjoyed looking at all your creations over the last couple of weeks. In fact I´ve ordered the Striplet die after seeing how much it can do.
    May see you later as I have to go to Quesada this morning.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, John, I adore this colour combination,
    After your last few days demonstrations, you helped me decide on the Spanish dies I have ordered for my birthday, which is tomorrow.
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. Just
    Love the colour used x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww just beautiful John, i so love your colors ,and of course your beautiful bitty blossoms and bow

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, a beautiful card. Love that background die. Where do you work for such long hours?
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow Janice. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Wonderful card ...I love the ginger and cream (well I would wouldn't I with my username! Lol!) Beautiful flowers too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, I truly love the Cards and Boxes you've been making using Sue Wilson Die's I'm sure Sue would be positively thrilled to see your work.
    I Love the Colours you've chosen for today's Card thanks for sharing.
    Hugs from Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card again and luvin the colours xx luv how you have threaded the ribbon 'up and over' the layers of your card - that reminds me of an old rugby commentator whose name escapes me at the moment!! Eddie?? anyhow cannot believe the amount of hours you are going to be working but try and enjoy some of your weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Fantastic card again, you are certainly getting lots of use from this die.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card John, I love those big dies, but so far, not got one. I am currently disenchanted with Spellbinders, who have not replied to TWO of my messages about a broken cog in my Grand Calibur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesley leave a message on their Facebook page ,you will get a very quick reply
      Ita

      Delete
  14. Love the colour combo today.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. John this is amazing ! Love the design and colours. Hope you get through those shifts - long hours

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card John, and what lovely colours. I have this die and will definitely be trying out on a card like this. Thanks for the inspiration again. I don't know how you do it. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hola John
    Call that bright? Hahaha! Coincidentally bought some ginger cake today.
    Anyhoo, your card is as yummy as any ginger cake. Super composition and the colour is teffific . Must see if any of the Lidl stash is similar.
    Have a good evening.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    Compliments to the cook!
    'Ginger and Spice, and all things nice' ..., just to mis-quote.
    You really are an originator of fine constructions.
    As for yesterday's video, thank you so much. You make Sue' dies have such endless possibilities. I was hoping that my Spanish half collection would arrive today, but no such luck, sadly. So I'll carry on with cutting some more Backgrounds and prepare the foundation pieces.
    Have a lovely week-end, all be it at work.
    Best Regards, Lis

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John fantastic card,love the colours,I have this Die,cut it a few times,but then a blank ,when I have more energy will try this,loved the tutorial yerstday

    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  20. fab card again John,another great card made with Sue Wilson fantastic dies ,[you should be on her pay role ]ha ha .Laura O

    ReplyDelete