Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Final Challenged...

Happy Wednesday,

Today's post, you will be pleased to hear, is the last using the Sue Wilson Valencia die and white and lilac.  Those of you who have stuck with me since Monday will know that I challenged my self to make three cards using the same piece I had already cut for another, failed, project lol.

To Recap White and lilac lol...

This time I used the white layer as the base and placed the centre piece that i cut to create the frame in lilac for yesterdays card (hope that makes sense!) on top.  I then inked through the centre filigree die in lilac on white and ran the piece through my die cutting machine, this gave me an impression to hand cut the edges (as this die does not cut the edge)

I then added a strip of ribbon and a few lilac gems (don't worry the packet of these is nearly empty now!) before adding the topper.

The topper is the centre die form the set cut in pale blue and inked in purple distress ink.  I matted this on Lilac card then fussy cut round this which is not one of my strengths.  I tied a messy bow on one edge and added the strip form an old Spellbinders set (not sure which) which I stamped with a couple more of the Crafters Companion sentimentals range, the flourishes are separate stamps.



 Hope fully by now, or by scrolling back, you have seen three separate cards made with the same raw materials.  I Love to challenge myself like this as it makes crafting even more fun and shows the variety that can be achieved from one die.  A recent comment on my blog said that the individual looks at every potential die purchase from the perspective of how many different things can be made with it!  I love this sentiment and this is how I now work, i have to say though I haven't bought a SW die that I haven't used loads (stripletus overuseus!!!)




Tomorrow a different colour combination, but may the same die I don't want to stray too much from a formula that's working for me! lol

As I haven't made a Your Card for a couple of weeks I wanted to give one of these away.  I asked Mr Next Door to pick someone and Mrs B was the chosen follower.  Therefore Mrs B if you email me your address and tell me which card, Monday, Tuesday or Today you would like I will post it to you!

Enjoy...

17 comments:

  1. Another great card-you've made me re-look at my dies again.
    Lucky Mrs B winning one of your lovely cards.
    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Oh, Thank you. What a wonderful surprise :) Please say Thank you so much to Mr Next Door too for picking my name to win one of your beautiful cards. What a hard decision though, you know how much I love Sues dies and what you have done with them! I am spoiled for choice but think that todays just has the edge for me : ) Thank you again : ) I am off to email you now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola John
    Another corker matey. A veritable trio of tremendousness we have had. Loving the ribbon action today. Looks perfect on this one. Lucky Mrs B. You won't be dissapointed.
    Think it was me who said dies have to earn their keep in my craft room these days so they have to be more than one trick ponies. You have proven that you can make different looks from a die, that at first glance, would not look so versatile. If I wore a hat, I would take it off to you lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Love the 3rd creation stunning.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    I have loved your challenge week ,and i am sorry its over , please don't leave it too long before you use this die again .
    Well done to Mrs B { you lucky lady } todays card is another stunner

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    PS can we have another challenge week from one of your dies John ?
    Just asking as i and maybe other bloggers don't get the full use and ideas from the dies they have . xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today's card just has to be my favourite. This one is an absolute stunner!!
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John, you have certainly given us food for thought this week with using dies in different ways. I have to say, for me, you have kept the best till last. With best wishes, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing you use SW's dies including todays...I love it!
    Congratulations to Mrs. B. on winning your card....lucky lady.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still a pretty card John, and I'm not fed up with the die, other than I don't own that one! (but I have one or two Spellbinders sets that I could substitute for something similar).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fab creation and well done to Mrs B - and what a luvly thought to let the recipient pick which one she wants xx can't wait to see tomorrows creation xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card John....look forward to your posts every day.....congrats to Mrs B you lucky lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. another fantastic card love this die and the colour combo ,Well done Mrs B .Don't know what happened me yesterday missed blogging altogether .That card was lovely too.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John this card is spectacular .
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,

    Sorry not posted but have been away for a few days so only just getting round catching up with the posts and my have I missed some beauties from you. Cannot pick a favourite as they are all fabulous, love your Easter egg box though.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. Sorry forgot congrats Mrs B.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete