Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Challenged again...

Happy Tuesday,

Today's card is the second in my challenge series I started yesterday, quick recap same colours and base die cut, three different cards!



Today's card started with the same Sue Wilson Valencia Die set using the centre filigree section cut in white hammered PMD cardstcok.




On this card I die cut the largest frame from the set and foam mounted this above the white section before adding a couple of layers of alternate white and lilac.  The centre embellishment is made by die cutting two of the very centre section in the same lilac card and inking them in the die with purple distress ink ( sorry no good with the names of the distress inks I just grab from my box of them!)



The two pieces are then foam mounted to create a cross section and I have added some loops of lilac ribbon before threading through a strip of the same colour ribbon.

Finally the sentiment panel is cut from an old die that I bought on eBay so no idea what make etc.  I stamped this with the congratulations circle and celebrate in style stamps form Crafters Companion after, once again inking in the die.  A few lilac gems on the points of the die cut and challenge card number 2 finished.


Enjoy...



10 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Lovely card and colour. Did think as first pic dark on my screen, that you had done a rosette of loops but I can now see its sort of half so again Im not sure about the ribbonage, sorry. You are coming up with some great creations with Sue's sets.
    At work all day today to help out so hope you have a better day than I will have lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Great card, I love the purples/lilacs. Not too sure about the ribbon in the middle though. Otherwise it's lovely. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Another great card, love the ribbon effect you have on this one.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John. It's interesting to see how inventive you are with using the same die though I must confess I think I would have left the ribbon off this one. With best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, - great use of the same die, and I love the loops of ribbon behind the sentiment - it reminds me of a winner's rosette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    I've been away on an Easter Break to Belgium and had no internet connection so wasn't able to comment on your gorgeous cards over the weekend....adored the Easter Egg box, is there a tutorial for it please? Today's card is beautiful I do love how you use Sye Wilson's die and love the looped bow.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John - luvin the concept of this card but not sure about the rosette style ribbon behind the sentiment - but I take my hat off to you cos you always try something different and push the boundaries of crafting - a lot braver than me xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same as some others John, love the card, just not sure about the ribbon.
    Cheers
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John
    Im loving this one as well as yesterdays card ribbon and all , it's so original and i like original .
    Loving the colors too
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    I liked yesterday's card, but I think I like today's more. So how will tomorrow's fare? The colours are lovely and your design really shows off the dies well. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete