Monday, 10 March 2014

Your Card Stephanie

Happy Your Card Monday,



Now this weeks recipient is a friend over here who wheedled the blog address out of me and started to comment.  Stephanie is a friend from the drama group I belong to and she has the most amazing voice I have ever heard!  She will be playing opposite me in our next production and as this is not a pantomime I will post some pictures of the production in June (no way am I sharing my Widow Twankey photo´s!)

Today's card then had to be dramatic and as I wanted to try gilding the Spanish background die from Sue Wilson this seemed a great starting point.

I used a double sided adhesive sheet from 3L (Hope and Chances purchase) and die cut the spanish collection background die.  Once removed from the die I peeled off the top sheet and gilded the piece using sheffiled steel gilding flakes.  This was matted onto silver then lavender cardstock.

The centre piece is made by diecutting the large piece from Spellbinders ironworks in silver mirror card and a picece from lavendar card onto which I stamped DREAM from crafters companion sentimentals.

I hope stephanie, and of course all my lovely blog friend like it too.

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. Very dramatic John, all the glamour of show business, Stephanie will adore it I am sure. Sue's latest dies are gorgeous, such a talented lady.Would love to see Widow Twankey photos!!

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    another really delightful card. I love all that gilding and the fab design you have created. I too sing in a group of singers, and we go round nursing homes to entertain the residents, and the money we make goes to our fav charity. We have raised over £4,000 so far. So it looks like us crafts peeps also have other talents to our bows. lol.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and what a lucky recipient xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. What a great card. Lovely and dramatic. I'm sure Stephanie will be over the moon with it : ) Well done Jenny L on your fund raising, it's great that you can entertain and raise money, all while enjoying yourself : ) Oh, John, I would love to see your Widow Twankey photos : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Stunning card very dramatic, sure it will be loved.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey John,
    The card looks absolutely amazing ! Thank you so much !
    You really should show the Widow Twankey photos tho !
    See you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. This is really a DREAM card. Love the die and the gilding. I´m sure Stephanie will be delighted. Wow all these talented people following your blog. It makes me feel very inadequate. I don´t even sing in the shower, my voice is so bad.
    Well done Wendy and Ang from yesterday, and Jenny, congratulations on the wonderful amount of money you have raised for a good cause.
    So loved yesterdays card by the way. Butterflies are my favourite embellishments on cards.
    Enjoy your day.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunning card John and I am sure that Stephanie will love it. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, I'm sure Stephanie will love it - can't wait to see you as Widow Twanky

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card ,Stephanie will be so happy when she gets it ,
    Just seen yesterdays card that is fantastic
    looking forward to seeing your photos .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card John love the look.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very dramatic John, I'm sure Stephanie will love it. Now come on don't be shy let's see your panto pics!! Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card, I agree with all the other comments and having seen the photos I think you should show them.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola John
    Sorry I'm late but had to drag my germ ridden butt into work today. Sterling job young man. . .get it? sterling silver?. . .ohh, its late and I'm high on cough sweets!
    Super card as usual matey and Sheffield Steel for a native Owl or Blade(that is the nicknames of the footie teams isn't it?)
    For interested parties, I have a Twanky pic and will start the bidding at £100 for a peek hahaha!
    Buenos noches.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete