Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Wacky Wednesday

Happy Wednesday,

I thought I would be a little wacky today and present three for one today.  These three cards started exactly the same.  I saw the background paper on a flick through the Neroli pack from First edition and pulled it out.  I decided it would look best as a square so cut it to 12cm x 12cm however I found that I had cut 4 squares the same when I had finished.  This led me to thinking could I make different cards from the same paper cut, initially at least, to the same size.  Here is the result.








The first card is a simple mounting job onto white card with a die cut strip, using Spellbinders Curved borders die and a simple sentiment...













The second card I made the 12 x 12 pieced into a frame and cut the centre section into a smaller square.  I mounted both of these onto white card and foam mounted them at different levels.  I simply added a corner die cut from white card using Spellbinders Gold elements one and placed it over the corner.  Finally a butterfly, again spellbinders, and a hand cut sentiment banner.








Finally i mounted the piece i had cut the butterfly from for card two onto white card and die cut a white butterfly to place in the aperture. This was double mounted onto another of the squares of Neroli paper and added to a card front, with a little foam tape...






All in all a happy hour or so playing with three looks form the same dies and basic elements, and a few pearls!


Enjoy...

18 comments:

  1. Fab cards - luv them all & luvin the paper xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, really classy.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great, really classy.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow John, these are beautiful, three for the price of one lol! Love the backing paper.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Three beautiful but different cards, love them all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John
    A lovely trio of cards. I get great satisfaction when I am able to make a few cards that are similar in theme but look totally different.
    These certainly hit the spot.
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are clever. 3 completely different looks. Love each one although I love the large corner die.
    Off to the UK tomorrow for a couple of weeks. If you have any letters for me to post pass them to Wendy as I´m seeing her tomorrow.
    Hasta dos semanas.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, love all the cards. Being as old as I am, I had to look up to see what size 12 x 12 was in 'proper' measurements (inches LOL) . they are all pretty, and it's hard to pick a favourite. Usually I would always go for butterflies, as I love those on cards, but today its the Dreams one which really appeals. I love that corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John
    Wow i just love all three cards equally such lovely ideas , so pleased i have not got to pick a winner ,it would be so hard to judge
    Well done
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. I love all of them. Couldn't pick a favourite : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola John
    You're too generous with a threefer. This is one of my favourite pads but I only have the 6x6. May have to get the bigger one now. All three are magnificent but Im always a sucker for a butterfly.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing wacky about these cards John they are all so nice and, as you say, a lovely way to spend time and get super results. Should do this myself!! Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, it just goes to show everyone how different you can make your cards look just by changing a few details. All the cards look great. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,I could not pick one either,the 3 looks are amazing.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  15. All very different, each one lovely, and no doubt if you used the same layout with another backing paper, the cards would look totally different again.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards. Was the last one a deliberate mistake?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. three totally different cards but each one equally lovely ,couldn't pick a favourite .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great set of cards. My favourite (a close call) is the 'sent with love' card. But I also love butterflies, so perhaps it's one of the others. So hard to choose....
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete