Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 9 March 2014

Sunday Extra

Happy Sunday,

Today's post is an unscheduled extra as I would normally be posting my DT inspiration for hobbycutz however as the new term starts in 2 weeks last weeks challenge is for 2 weeks!  I cant wait to get started on the new term as 2 of my followers ( and really goopd friends) have made the teasm so huge congrats to Wendy and Mrs duck, click on their names to see visit their inspirational blogs or click HERE to visit the challenge play.




Back to today here is a post I put together to fill the gap as 'twere!  I was palying with some Mica powders that bought form Ebay after Mrs Duck found them seriously discounted on there.  I started by creating the background using a few leaf stamps, creative expressions I think, and stamping them randomly using Versamark.  I coloured the images using alternate colours iof mica powder and in real life they realy shine.  I used three colours in total a soft gold, yellow gold and a green on Brwon PMD cardstock ( This works best on smooth cardstock textured gives a dirt effect)

Once completed I cut the piece using Spellbinders curved borders on and cut a gold mat tomatch.  I loved the simple card I showed a few weeks ago and this one turned out decptively similar, thereforte to make it look different I wanted to use the sweep and disguise it slightly as well.  The perfect answer seemed a flurry of gold die cut butterflies.  I simpley cyut 6 butterflies in gold mirror card using spellbinmders les papilions 2 and textured them over a ball tool before mounting them along the edge using small foam pads.

There is no sentiment on this card as I made a little mistake I wanted a sentiment on the brwon background however I placed the butterflies before whioch meant I wasn't able to get the stamp into the space !  Oh well we all live and learn.

A small card but veryu delicate looking.

Enjoy...

12 comments:

  1. So effective John, just need someone with a golden wedding anniversary now! best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, John. Love it
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous John, such a pretty delicate card. Love it!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Wonderful card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous John, Love that butterfly die, can i borrow it?

    Not heard anymore from Hobbycuts just one email, so donl know if on it or not. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! I don't have that exact butterfly stamp, but I have a good selection of others, so I could make something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola John
    Just realised, after saying I was heading to bed, I hadn't been round the blogs, doh!
    A vision of shiny gorgeousness this is. Stunning and I may have to pinch the idea in a bout of abject plagiarism!
    Same here Wendy. . . . . . .still waiting for a reply from Hobbycutz!
    Off to bed now to sniff and cough and rest my banging head.
    Be good.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John out of this world,I have never saw a card like this.I have never used mica and do not have any,must try and look on e.bay.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  9. a fab card ,love the flying butterflies ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    I just love butterflies so this really appeals to me. It's sooooooo rich and luxurious looking. I do love using mica powders on stamped images, and still have my first set I bought at least 10 or so years ago from OVC. Must invest in some newer colours now. I have seen your lovely creation.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. I love this card. The butterflies look so pretty against the gorgeous background. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete