Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 8 March 2014

Something Different Saturday...

Happy Saturday,



Today's offering is  a blast from the past, for me at least, as I made this last year ago and simply forgot to photograph it.  I was watching a tutorial on you tube on turning spellbinders dies into box lids and so thought I would have a go with Spellbinders Elegant labels 28 and this was the result.

I simply measured the die cut piece making a scored square in the centre.  This meant that the sides folded down to make a lid, sounds simple but check out YouTube for a more detailed tutorial.





A very simple looking box which I thought would be great for paper covered pencils (abother project awaiting completion!)

Enjoy...


14 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Will have to try and find the video as I usually try trial and error with mine (usually more error!).
    That ribbon is a beautiful shade of blue.
    I eagerly await the pencils!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely John and what a beautiful saying. Paper covered pencils sound good. Can´t wait to see those.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Very pretty, paper covered pencils what next will you come up with.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi john,
    Amazing box, looks really good ! The blue ribbon really brings it all together
    See you soon
    Stef xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the idea John. I love the sentiment you used for the tag. Such true words. Have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty box John, great concept, using SP dies to make lids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another pretty box. I will have to try and find the YouTube video.
    I am intrigued by the paper covered pencils can't wait to see what you have done.
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. What a beautiful box. I will have to have a look on You Tube for the video. The bow is gorgeous : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John
    I so love your boxes and bows , and the sentiment is so true
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    another of your superb boxes. I do love your brilliant boxes you make, they are so elegant and lovely. Great colour ribbon used on the creation.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John love the box,I will not attempt to make it,as I know I would make a bags of it
    I love the colour of the bow.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the box ,and the ribbon is a fab colour too ,Looks like you had a great time in Benidorm was really busy yesterday only getting to see the blog now.fab card for yesterday too .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful box John and the big stunning colour bow makes it look very elegant.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete