Friday, 28 March 2014

Mothers Day Card...

Happy Friday,

Today I am showing the mothers day card I have made for my Mum.  Now she looks at my blog so just in case she see's this I have left the gift (handmade again) is not shown until Sunday maybe a sneak peek tomorrow.

This card was made to showcase the rose which I made using the petals cut with the peony die form yesterdays card and box tutorial.  I used the same petals however I put them together differently.  If you would like a tutorial on making the rose just let me know and I will see what Wendy (Magic Hands) and I can do!

The centre panel of the card is made with Spellbinders A2 filigree delight however the one thing that sometimes frustrates me on this die is that it cuts a beautiful filigree it also cuts the whole shape out.  Now I  have always wondered what it would look like if the shape didn't cut out.  Therefore I set myself the challenge of working out how to do this.

As you can, hopefully, see from the card I managed to work it out, the centre section is cut and embossed however only the filigree is cut in the centre panel of an A5 piece of card.  I'll share how to do this in a couple of weeks as I have an idea for this technique for Easter so patience guys (although I am sure you can all work out how to do this.

After this I simply cut a panel out of each layer, there are 6!, so that the rose fits and layered these up using foam tape.






The sentiment, what else but Happy Mothers Day, is on a hand-cut banner which I shaped and mounted in the aperture behind the rose and finishing in the front.





I hope my mum, and you guys, like it!

Enjoy...


11 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful John, love the design and colours . I am sure your Mother will be very proud when she receives it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    A truly beautiful card for your Mum, I'm sure she will treasure it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Very Beautiful card John ,Your Mum will love it ,
    I have not got a clue how you have worked out your challenge , so will be looking forward to it , also hoping you and magic hands can give us a tutorial on the beautiful flowers .
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    I'm sure that your Mum will be more chuffed than Mrs Chuff living in Chuffsville! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
    The only way I can think is hanging it off the edge of the cutting plate but if you've come up with something different, I'm all eyes.
    Have a great day matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    I came across your blog a few days ago......your cards and boxes are just sooooo beautiful. I hope you don't mind but I have put a link to your blog on the Joanna Sheen forum as I know the ladies there will love it. ( I don't have a blog)
    Todays card is gorgeous and your Mum will be thrilled as I guess she always is when she receives one of your gorgeous cards.

    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's positively gorgeous! Great colour combo, super flowers, etc. etc.! LOL. I think your mum will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Beautiful card for your Mum. I'm sure she will love it : ) Yes please, I would love a Rose tutorial, and also just how you cut todays die. Thanks. Have a good weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card very elegant. I hope your mum loves it. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful John ,and i'm sure your Mum will love it .Would be interested to see how you have cut this die without cutting the outside edge so do please tell .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and interesting card your Mom will love it.looking forward to the answer on how you did this.A tutorial would be super.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    beautiful card today. I'm sure your mother will be sooooooooo! pleased with it.
    Have been away at my sisters in Wales for a week, and she doesn't have the internet so could not comment or see your lovely creations.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete