Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 24 March 2014

Monday Monday...

Happy Monday,

I feel like I have started every post recently with a big thank you and a comment on how I was blown away by your comments however I couldn't let today go without saying how amazed I was by the reaction to yesterdays card.  I was literally shocked by how lovely all the comments were, so thank you all.

Now back to today and it should be your card however yesterday I was so busy prepping tutorials that I just didn't have time to make something however I did pick out the recipient so it will go live tomorrow.  Therefore todays card is one from the vaults I made a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't shown it before as quite a few commentators have said they are not keen on big bows so I wanted to alter the card to show it with, and without, the big bow and let you decide.

Firstly with the bow...








And secondly without, my preference, in this case is for the bow as I feel it lacks something without.

I used a shimmer paper form DoCrafts for the background which has been cut and embossed with a section from Spellbinders Gold Elements one.  Close up the areas that have been debossed have a beautiful shine to them.  I tried to balance this with a mate cut with spellbinders border dies (cant find the die so cant remember which one)  Finally the sentiment section is cut with Gold Ovals which juts emboss so I drew around the die and hand cut the oval as well as adding some inking in the centre section.

The sentiment is from Crafters Companion.

let me know which you prefer!

Enjoy...




13 comments:

  1. Hola John
    Gorgeous design and paper matey. Im going to put the practical head on and say bow if being delivered by hand so I can box the card or no bow if being posted as Im tighter than my ducky tush!
    Aesthetically though, with bow for me.
    Have a good one.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the big bow... I love it , such a gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. A beautiful card, love the colours. With the bow is my choice, the one without does seem to be lacking something. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John
    With bow for me but like Mrs Duck I would have to put something else if I was posting it. Pretty papers too.
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John, from a very wet Ireland - personally, I love the bow! The alternative doesn't look finished, though perhaps you could substitute some leaves or flowers for those against bows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bow wins hands down for me , but then i am a bow girl and yours are always beautiful,
    Your card is lovely ,i like the style and color and the little flower posy in the bow just hits the spot .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bow, love the card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. With the bow for me. I wouldn't want to post it!!!!
    Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous John, love the design and colours used. It looks great both ways but I prefer it WITH the gorgeous bow.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John and blog friends,with the bow for me,it looks naked and cold without .I am feeling terrible,in lots of pain,I had our emergency Doctor last night around 2 o'clock, he gave me an injection for the pain,I slept until around 7 O' clock to day,but the pain is still there, If I am not posting, it means I am back in Hospital ,at this stage I would not mind.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ita, I'm so sorry your still in pain and not feeling well! Mine and I'm sure all my followers, viewers are wishing you well!

    Take care, john xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. well John the bow wins for me definately ,this is a fantastic card ,love the border die .Ita hope your feeling better very soon ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bow wins hands down for me too John, love the card its gorgeous. Get well soon to Ita too. xx

    ReplyDelete