Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 22 March 2014

Lilac Dreams Different Saturday...

Happy Saturday,


I'm posting this project with some trepidation as I really love this one and I'm genuinely not sure whether you will all like it!  This box, yes I know another box, stared from the necessity to have a box that fitted and matched the card I had made.  The card started with a Sizzix peony die however I want to highlight the card tomorrow so today all you get is the box!











The box is made, primarily, with Spellbinders Gold Elements One die corner.  This die is cut into the two half's of the top to give a filigree section and a sneak peak as to what is inside.




As you can tell from this picture the opening of this box is a diagonal opening with a hinge at the corner meaning that the box flips open.  It is hard to explain how this box actually works and holds a card however it should become clearer when I show the card tomorrow!






The next picture shows the box closed with a ribbon tie to keep the contents safe.







The wonderful Wendy has agreed to film a tutorial on this one for me tomorrow so there will be a video tut for those who want it next week.




Till tomorrow, Enjoy...



14 comments:

  1. It is wonderful John, I love how you've used the die - very innovative :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. I love the box and can't wait to see the card tomorrow : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous John and looks better in the flesh than n here, see ya tomoz. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    What's not to like matey?Ingenious design and your explanation is great so I get the modus operandi,so to speak.
    You're a clever bunny! Look forward to the video.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    This is beautiful, love it, kook forward to seeing the video and the card that goes inside.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. john this is fab ,and I can't wait till tomorrow for the card.oh would love to see the video,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI John
    You box is fantastic and you are a tease hehe , but it gives us something to look forward to Tomorrow { never a dull moment for we crafters } and a video as well .
    Roll on Tomorrow
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty box John, I don't have that exact corner, but I have several which would substitute. Will look forward to the video - well done Wendy for volunteering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks a great idea, probably makes it much easier to remove the card too(ever tried shaking a fancy card from a tight fitting box)
    Look forward to seeing what is going in this creation
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an unusual box John, I really like it and look forward to the tutorial and the card too. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this box and the colour you are getting great use from this Die.I have some of Sue Wilson ,s Dies but I have only got to the cutting out part,hopefully today
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful John, love the design and shape. Looking forward to seeing the card tomorrow.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card John. Looking forward to tomorrow.
    Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm trying to be patient in waiting for the box tutorial, but I'm reaaallly wanting to see it. LOL It's gorgeous John !!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete