Wednesday, 26 March 2014

For a Mum...

Happy Wednesday,

Today's card is a commission for a friend and although it looks like a mothers day card it isn't!  This card was for a friends mums birthday last week.  He wanted something clean and crisp but beautiful, I hope that this matched the brief!


I started by folding a sheet of A4 white hammered PMD cardstock in half to create the card blank.  The centre section has been cut / embossed using a selection of Spellbinders Gold Ovals dies which have also debossed parts of the shape.  I die cut some ovals and then used more of the gold ovals to cut and shaped these.

I layered each piece in a dark pink cardstock and layered them up centrally with foam tape.

The sentiment is stamped in a matching dew drop ink on the same cardstock using a stamp from DoCrafts Love Notes range and I love the intricate way the word is made of the differing patterns.

I have decorated the front with a sprinkling of butterflies cut with Spellbinders Les Papillions 2 each with a pearl in the centre and the wings shaped to look as if they are in flight.


Finally I wrapped matching Pink and White ribbon around the centre and tied it in a bow to one side.  I added a few of Wendy's hatpins that matched and used one to secure the sentiment panel in place.






 I love the crisp white and pink and the way that monochrome doesn't have to be masculine or just black and white.


Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. This is stunning, i'll bet whoever received this card was thrilled.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John. Great card. I love the Mum stamp too, the detail in it is lovely isn't it : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card John, would be very happy to receive it, if it was coming my way..
    I love ovals somehow, over squares or circles. Just got a grand set of oval dies, so I am a happy bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola John
    Until this morning, crisp and beautiful only applied to tangy cheese Doritos in my world but this card is better lol! Absolute stunner and I bet your chum was over the moon.
    I knew you would cave in to The Striplet. . .resistance is futile!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card John , i like the design ,butterflies and the pins set it off a treat .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card John, best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John
    Just beautiful! I'm sure the recipient really loved it.
    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think any mum would love this
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Not being picky or anything else but it looks like circles to me, perhaps it is my eyes!! Beside that it is a beautiful card as always.
    Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John super card ,love the colours.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh this is amazing, the colour & design is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    What a beautiful card! I love the composition and the stamp is pretty special too! I've caved into a couple of Sue W's dies - the background die that you've showcased so well and then I too have given in to Mrs Duck's striplet die. I've just made two beautiful cards that bear a striking resemblance to one of yours for Mother's Day cards. Thank you so much!
    Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely matches the brief John it beautiful. I do love your bows.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card John nice clean card and the mum stamp is so pretty .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, love the colours and the die cuts you have used, bet your friend was thrilled with it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete