Sunday, 23 March 2014

Finally The Card...

Happy Sunday,

I would firstly like to thank you all for the brilliant comments yesterday from the box I mad for this card.  I was blown away by the reaction to this one, as I am sure you all know when you like something it really is scary to see what other people think, will they agree with you or have you made a dud!

Todays post and card is to show what was inside yesterdays box and was the reason for making it.

Firstly here is the opening of the box with the card popping out!  As you can more clearly see the box is a hinged fold witch protects, and hopefully showcases the card and the flower.

The card is made again using Spellbinders Gold Elements one Corner however this was cut in a darker shade (I really hope everyone's monitors show the colours properly as the two shades of lilac are really complimentary)  This was matted onto white then the original box lilac and finally a white hand cut card blank (sizes to follow on the tutorial)

I made the flower using the lighter shade using the Sizzix Peony die which I cut 5 times to get enough petals.  The die gives you the star shaped based, leaves and 5 different petals.  I shaded the petals with purple distress ink before shaping them using a ball tool.  Next I simply started layering them as per the instructions.

Finally i added a few pieces of distressed ribbon and a couple of Wendy's beautiful hatpins.

I loved making this and the finished result, here's hoping you do too!

Enjoy...

21 comments:

  1. Hi John. Wow, I love it! What a beautiful card, it is so pretty, and to get such a gorgeous box as well is a fantastic idea. I haven't made a hinged box like this before so am really looking forward to the video. When are you planning to show it? My Mum would be over the moon to get this so I may try to make both before next Sunday (yes, I often change my mind at the last minute) if I can work out the hinge bit : ) Thank you for such a beauty : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,wow,wow you are so so talented, what a beautiful card to go with your clever box , so apt for a very special occasion .
    Truly Beautiful John

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Wow! stunning card, love the way you have used the dies, very effective. The flower is gorgeous, anybody receiving this would be over the moon. Looking forward to seeing the video.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh the card was worth the wait John, Sooo Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola John
    Well, to be honest, which Im sure you would rather I was, I can't decide whether I really really love it or really really really love it hahaha. . . . .gotcha!
    Even Mr Duck raised his eyebrows and nodded. . .trust me ,that's high praise. You are going to make someone's day giving them this beauty.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice card, which is a beautiful combination of colors,

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning John and the flower is to die for, so beautiful. It shows all the time and effort you have put into making this, well done. Love the two very complimentary colour purples too. This would make a fantastic Mother's Day card.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John
    Oh Wow! Absolutely love this. I can't wait for the video. I would really love a go at making this one GORGEOUS!
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, WOW. I really envy the lucky person who is getting this masterpiece. I love everything about it. The flower???.....I am blown away with that.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well worth the wait. Fantastic and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW what a stunning card John, I absolutely love it. The colours are great. The box is brilliant......I don't suppose you would like to make one for me would you????? Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to! But think postage might be a little expensive from Spain! Lol

      John x

      Delete
  12. OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG John this card and box are super stunning,It would put Sue's Wilson,and I can not think of the other lady in the States , You would get first Prize and I am sure Sue would agree with me.Did you enter anything when Creative Expressions ?. I am lost for words.
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. I am looking forward to the tutorial .
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow John ,this card is just as nice as the box and the flower is stunning.Can't wait for the tutorial.Colours used work so well together,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John - stunning! No, super stunning! The MOST beautiful combo of the year! A card and box that are absolutely divine. Love them. Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  16. This whole project is so beautiful John and now that the two are together they look wonderful. I love the design and the colors you have used and they would be a pleasure to receive for any occasion xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. John this is fabulous, could you please direct me to the link for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  18. John I to love this & would love to recreate it but haven't done the hinge before. Is there a tutorial or video? Oh heck, you need one for all your beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete