Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 18 March 2014

A Card in the Pond...

Happy Your Card Tuesday,

Now when I got home from work yesterday I picked out comment no 5 as the recipient of a card made especially for them.  I asked my last customer of the day to give me a number between 1 and 14 she chose number 5, as it happens this one is heading to the Duck Pond as comment no 5 was Mrs Duck!  I have to admit that Mrs Duck is a good friend however I promise this was a random choice!







I wanted to make something with a die range that I knew Mrs D was playing with so I chose the Sue Wilson dies as I know Mrs D is trying some of these out! However I used a different set than her last post which features the embroidered striplet die (that I really want but will have to wait for)  To see Mrs Ducks blog click HERE she has the most beautiful card featured today
( well it's still  Monday as I am writing this but only just!!!).

I decided to try making the die into a stand alone filigree card so doubled over some white PMD cardstock and cut the die on the edge to create a fold card.  This took a few passes through the machine at different angles and with card shims however the end result is well worth the effort.  I cut the card down so that the pattern goes off the edge.

Next I cut a simple piece of plain cardstock and embossed it using a dots embossing folder to back the central element which is cut using 2 dies from Spellbinders Curved borders one in black.  I cut one edge and marked lightly in pencil where the die came up to on the long edge of the card.  The next cut was made by placing the die against the line I had drawn.  This technique gave me a balanced piece that is, hopefully a mirror image.  Finally I added a simple ellipse with the sentiment which really means what it says Friends like you are far too few, which applies to all my lovely blog mates! ...

As usual Mrs D if you email me on, well you know the address, I will post this out to the middle of England for you!

Enjoy...

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous John, well done Mrs Duck lol! Love the design as I loved yesterday design, that was beautiful too.


    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous John I'm sure Mrs Duck will love it.
    Hugs Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. Lucky Ang. The card is beautiful and well worth all the passes through the die. The Sue Wilson dies are lovely and can´t wait to get my hands on some.
    Got my E-Bosser last Friday. It is amazing and although I´ve already put a die upside down and cut through the shim, it´s so much easier for me with my wonky shoulder.
    Enjoy your day.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. Another gorgeous card. Love the monochrome colours and the bow. I am sure Mrs Duck will love it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Lucky Ang, love everything except the big bow, have said many times on Sue's blog just not a fan of the big bow.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, John. I love all the ways you are using these dies. Lucky Ang to get this one.
    cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card today John. Congratulations to Mrs Duck. You are a lucky lady. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super design John though like Lydia I find the bow a bit big on such a delicate card but a super creation nevertheless, I'm sure Ang will be thrilled. Best wishes Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, another lovely card, well done Mrs Duck.
    Regards Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another pretty card John, Mrs. Duck will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heavens to Murgatroyd!
    My flabber has never been so gasted!
    Just got in from my volunteering and checked my emails. . . . . .blog comments with congrats and here I am, stunned! To get one of your cards is a treat anyway but to get this one is amazing. It will take pride of place on one of our dressers.
    Thank you so much . . . . . . .need a frothy coffee to get over the shock.
    Ang xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, did I mention, I'm gobsmacked? Hahaha!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    Another lovely card Mrs Duck will be flapping her feathers with excitement im sure
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. well done MrsDuck .this is another stunning creation John ,must get these dies they are fab .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    This is such a beautiful card. Congratulations Mrs Duck! John, you should email pics of your cards to Sue Wilson. I'm sure she'd be so pleased to see you showcasing her dies so well. Anne O

    ReplyDelete